• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 628 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
deValtos said:
Majka is in, but he's not happy

"Yesterday I got a phone call from Bjarne with the decision. I am not happy about it, I think the team doesn't care about my health."

Majka says it was not his plan, he's tired nad didn't train much. "I am not ready, I don't feel ready..."

Tired and unmotivated. Not really good for the team or team spirit

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
With Kreuziger out, perhaps a chance for Rory? He's not the climber Kreuziger is of course.

Beltran? Good climber, never raced a GT though.
Zaugg? Was riding well at Suisse iirc.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Rory is injured.

It seems it's already certain Majka will replace Roman.

Ah, didn't know that. Too bad. On paper Majka is their next best option I suppose. But I'm not sure how much use he'll be if he's too tired.

Do you know if Zaugg is already scheduled to ride or not?

It should be noted that Alberto is riding the Vuelta this year so maybe they should stick to the plan and let Majka rest.
Besides I don't think the presence of Majka/Kreuz is essential in wether or not Alberto wins the Tour. It could be the difference between 2nd and 5th but if Alberto is really back to his usual GT shape he doesn't need Kreuz to win this.
It would make a stronger team nonetheless.

I'd leave Majka at home if he is not fit, hasn't trained and isn't happy ...not good for morale

Bring Zaugg ...he is coming into form and can climb

Team spirit , protection of Contador on flats & cobbles and Rodgers & Roche on he climbs will be enough....there is no need for a train, even with yellow jersey and any train SKY can produce won't drop Contador...Riis needs to adapt the tactics to the team

Where I am most anxious is in the first week and TT .... this where Contador can lose time

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
trevim said:
It should be noted that Alberto is riding the Vuelta this year so maybe they should stick to the plan and let Majka rest.
Besides I don't think the presence of Majka/Kreuz is essential in wether or not Alberto wins the Tour. It could be the difference between 2nd and 5th but if Alberto is really back to his usual GT shape he doesn't need Kreuz to win this.
It would make a stronger team nonetheless.

I don't think you see right here,I'm not a Contador fun but to say he doesn't need Kreutziger,the best rider in all Tinkoff team beside Contador is a little forced,no mater Contador current form.Kreutziger is the ultimate team player and i see his exclusion as a big blow for Contador chances to win the TDF.

MBotero said:
I don't think you see right here,I'm not a Contador fun but to say he doesn't need Kreutziger,the best rider in all Tinkoff team beside Contador is a little forced,no mater Contador current form.Kreutziger is the ultimate team player and i see his exclusion as a big blow for Contador chances to win the TDF.
Nah I didn't say he doesn't need him. I just don't think that he is the decisive factor on the equation of wether or not Alberto wins.
Anyway, Wiggins could use a summer job :D

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
trevim said:
Nah I didn't say he doesn't need him. I just don't think that he is the decisive factor on the equation of wether or not Alberto wins.
Anyway, Wiggins could use a summer job :D

:D This above bolded is such a fun idea on several different levels.

jens_attacks said:
i think so too.
and majka should keep his voice down with those comments. keep it in the team not whole media. if i would be tinkov, i would sent zaugg instead and i won't put majka in any race this year. i'll let him go
That's a bit of an over reaction I would say :p He's still young, he'll learn to keep his mouth shut. Besides, if you are a boss like Tinkov, you can't be upset if one of your riders says stupid things as well.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
i think so too.
and majka should keep his voice down with those comments. keep it in the team not whole media. if i would be tinkov, i would sent zaugg instead and i won't put majka in any race this year. i'll let him go

I agree, these comments of Majka are uncalled for. You can't speak like that about your team to the media.

If he's not motivated to be in a team to win the tour, then well...

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
lol at Majka,another whinning idiot in pro peloton.These comments are sick...he should rather stay home with this approach,doesnt deserve to be in tour nor co-leader in vuelta.

Big blow for saxo,not good for Alberto,nobody will replace Kreuziger properly,he did great job last year.uci is sh:t really:eek:

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The timing for this announcement is just so convenient. I wouldn't be surprise if someone paying a bribe to make sure this case out the open just right in the eve of TDF. TS is in the brink of hell of a strong team. Sky on the other hand, their riders has been dropping like a fly due to sickness and injuries. What better way to stop certain team or certain rider to win TDF, by announcing the finding right before TDF? they knew it 2 years ago, they got roman's expert finding 7 months ago.. and just a week before TDF, they decided to deny Roman's expert? What's the difference if you already have waited 2 years + 7 months, why can they announce it 'after TDF' instead?? Exactly. Cause if it's after TDF, Contador might already win and Roman proofed to be the best helper for him. If it's before TDF, it will most likely screw Contador and TS. You call this due process?? They should have let roman know in the beginning of the season, not a week before TDF.

I won't be surprise some one with money like murdoch decided to dig any dirt to make sure TS won't be as strong as a team for Contador. He probably already got UCI of CAFD on his pocket. Gosh I hope Contador win TDF. His win will be much sweeter than seeing this so called the system trying to do due process. What a joke.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
how is CAS or paulinho?

tosatto managed to stay with Nibali till about 15K to go in the italian nationals.

i really like Zuagg.

i dont know whether Beltran will be good enough for a GT .

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
murali said:
how is CAS or paulinho?

tosatto managed to stay with Nibali till about 15K to go in the italian nationals.

i really like Zuagg.

i dont know whether Beltran will be good enough for a GT .

CAS is injured. Paulinho will be on the team most likely

TRENDING THREADS