• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 633 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Paulinho was always going to get a spot on the team.

i know.... i am a bit unhappy that zuagg didnt get a chance here.

Now time for the 8 to ride their hearts out for AC. i just hope he gets to his 100% form.

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't know, I think Majka have to be strong in the second week. He's got to fill Kreuzigers role. Stage 10 is where he is most needed.

Tour-de-France-Stage-10-1400751391.png

Sky's tactics are quite obvious. Full genius on the first mountain stage to kill their opponents, both physically and psychologically. That's how they win. Like last year and in 2012.

He have to withstand at this crucial stage, then he can attack in the third week with Roche and/or Rogers further up the road in breaks.

Fzotrlool said:
I don't know, I think Majka have to be strong in the second week. He's got to fill Kreuzigers role. Stage 10 is where he is most needed.

Sky's tactics are quite obvious. Full genius on the first mountain stage to kill their opponents, both physically and psychologically. That's how they win. Like last year and in 2012.

He have to withstand at this crucial stage, then he can attack in the third week with Roche and/or Rogers further up the road in breaks.

This is the type of stage where Saxo could potentially do a lot of damage. With mulitple climbs, up and down all day, they could wear Sky down very quickly putting someone like Roche in the breakaway and forcing Sky to chase in some of the early mountains. Basically get the action going a lot earlier than the last climb. :)

I am reading some stuff on the Pasión Ciclista twitter account about Tinkoff having to change their jersey. Not sure how reliable the source is but anyway, the story is that the Tour organizers want them to change the color of their jersey or re-design it (with less yellow). They were notified a couple days ago. The jerseys need to be ready on Wednesday but that is going to be a problem.

LaFlorecita said:
I am reading some stuff on the Pasión Ciclista twitter account about Tinkoff having to change their jersey. Not sure how reliable the source is but anyway, the story is that the Tour organizers want them to change the color of their jersey or re-design it (with less yellow). They were notified a couple days ago. The jerseys need to be ready on Wednesday but that is going to be a problem.

What about the teams in the past that have been very yellow - A yellow very similar to the yellow jersey. :rolleyes: They shouldn't even care. In the end AC will have a very yellow kit. :D

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
IIRC it's gonna be an orange kit, I don't remember where I read it.

About the roster everything depends about Majka's form in comparision with Porte. I like the italian duo and Morkov inclusion. A trio of warriors with tactical nous

Carols said:
Mercantoni Uno rode the Tour in pink as their normal jerseys were yellow.

I was thinking it would look good if Tinkoff-Saxo just swapped all the Yellow for Pink ... or poss. red as that's the colour of leaders jersey of Bertie's home tour and the last GT he won (which I assume was the thinking behind Mercantoni Uno's pink kit)...

Jspear said:
What about the teams in the past that have been very yellow - A yellow very similar to the yellow jersey. :rolleyes: They shouldn't even care. In the end AC will have a very yellow kit. :D

I brought up the jersey thing a few days ago in the Tour de France 2014 Startlist thread. There are several examples of a team having to change their kit for the Tour. As Carols mentioned, Mercatone Uno. Also ONCE back in the day and Saunier Duval in 2005 and 2008. I'm not sure if Saunier changed them in 2006 and 2007 but I included pics of their two different kits from 05 and 08 in the thread I mentioned. I think it has to do with the amount and placement of yellow on the jersey.

BeagRigh said:
I was thinking it would look good if Tinkoff-Saxo just swapped all the Yellow for Pink ... or poss. red as that's the colour of leaders jersey of Bertie's home tour and the last GT he won (which I assume was the thinking behind Mercantoni Uno's pink kit)...

Red would be cool...something Colorful so we can find them until Alberto dons yellow :)

Mercantoni wore Pink to honor the Giro when they rode the Tour as their strip was very Yellow; almost all Yellow!

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I would prefer bright colours too.But Im worried that there will be more white as Tinkoff's bank colours are yellow and white...I would prefer orange,pink or red (of course i want their early season 2011 kit,but thats not possible)

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Fzotrlool said:

i dont think tht this is the important stage. but majka can jump into break with paulinho and use this stage to get to form.
This stage will only eliminate the rest of top-10, not decide the top-3 imho.

I dont know whether sky would try to repeat their experience in Dauphine. this being tour, AC may not be happy to just follow wheels.

TRENDING THREADS