• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 660 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
BsMVyfkCIAEYqx5.png

Tanja ‏@bambula
"Losing Jesus is very bad for me, main thing is he recovers well" #TDF

:(

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Where did you hear that? You know which teams? Sounds like wishful thinking to me too.

From the coverage of NBCSN. Steve Schlanger (the guy who does the interviews talked to the Tinkoff Saxo staff and they said Alberto is feeling really good. But then he added that there are rumors going around between teams (which weren't identified) that Alberto might had mistimed his peak form for the tour because he's been winning throughout the season. So yes, I would say it's wishful thinking from these teams.

And it looks like Publicus heard it too.

sacrifice&hardwork said:
From the coverage of NBCSN. Steve Schlanger (the guy who does the interviews talked to the Tinkoff Saxo staff and they said Alberto is feeling really good. But then he added that there are rumors going around between teams (which weren't identified) that Alberto might had mistimed his peak form for the tour because he's been winning throughout the season. So yes, I would say it's wishful thinking from these teams.

And it looks like Publicus heard it too.

They're scared:cool::cool:

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I trust Alberto to time his peak right. Out of the 10 GTs he's ridden he's finished 7 as the winner. Can't remember the last time he misstimed his peak.

yeah normally he tries to peak at the middle of a tour but now under the guidance of De Jong he is peaking at the beginning and he should be able to hold his form...he has already done this early this season he came in good shape at the algrave peaked at Tirreno and held his form till Basque...its a proven method

I think Sky is the team that started this method and it is highly successful

AC vs VN mountain stages 24-5

Nibali was better in the two oldest results, in a Dauphiné stage that finished with a descent, at the 2009 TDF on a stage with a 70km flat run-in, and on Prati di Tivo last year. :cool:

10-2 on TTs without the TTTs.

And these results don't even include the 2011 ***-whooping:cool:

May 19, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:

AC vs VN mountain stages 24-5

Nibali was better in the two oldest results, the PN stage AC bonked, at the 2009 TDF on a stage with a 70km flat run-in, and on Prati di Tivo last year. :cool:

10-2 on TTs without the TTTs.

And these results don't even include the 2011 ***-whooping:cool:

you keep dwelling in the past results, lol. What is the point to compare the results from Jan.?

maxmartin said:
you keep dwelling in the past results, lol. What is the point to compare the results from Jan.?

You don't think it's significant Nibali has only beat Contador once on a real MTF in last 5 years?:confused:

I probably shouldn't even bother, you're as blind as I am with Contador when it comes to Nibali. Hope AC spanks Nibali's *** all over France for the coming two weeks :)

May 19, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
You don't think it's significant Nibali has only beat Contador once on a real MTF in last 5 years?:confused:

I probably shouldn't even bother, you're as blind as I am with Contador when it comes to Nibali. Hope AC spanks Nibali's *** all over France for the coming two weeks :)

in every major GT, Nibali is getting better and better, the trend is upward. While AC, let's just say he is not the same AC after the ban. And you are the one picking Nibali to win the Tour in this thread.
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=22612

I guess you are already trying to cope with the disappointment.:p

maxmartin said:
in every major GT, Nibali is getting better and better, the trend is upward. While AC, let's just say he is the same AC after the ban. And you are the one picking Nibali to win the Tour in this thread.

Got any evidence for that? I have evidence for my claim that Contador is as good as in 2011: his results this year.

maxmartin said:
in every major GT, Nibali is getting better and better, the trend is upward. While AC, let's just say he is the same AC after the ban. And you are the one picking Nibali to win the Tour in this thread.

And I yes, I think Nibali is the favorite now, but you're writing AC off as if he's a 5th rate GC rider.:rolleyes:

I hope Jesus is okay :( Any news? It is a morale blow for Alberto to lose him. His riding for the last couple of years makes me wonder how he gets the start, but Alberto seems to relish his company and will miss him dearly :(

I also heard the clip by Slanger on the other teams thinking Alberto has peaked to soon. They can believe that at their Peril. Go ahead make your plans based on that premise, we'll see how it works for you on Monday :)

History says Berto still has a good chance to win this race, he will never give up!

Based upon what Contador and others around him have said, he's either in his 2009 TdF form or his 2011 Giro form. I like Nibali a lot, but if one of those two things are true, then 2'37 isn't enough of a margin with 14 stages to go. All sorts of caveats apply here, but I think we will have our first real answer by Monday afternoon/evening.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
And I yes, I think Nibali is the favorite now, but you're writing AC off as if he's a 5th rate GC rider.:rolleyes:

i never said that, AC is still the biggest threat. Just look at the Jrod, made a small error, his first GT win was robbed by the AC. Nibali just have to play it smart, relying on his strong team to defeat AC.

TRENDING THREADS