• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 931 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Eshnar said:
Was he supposed to say that'll be a piece of cake? :confused: Has anybody else ever said anything different?

That wasn't my point. I just think the Sicilian realizes that last year presented a series of coincidences (first among them was Nibali finding extraordinary form at just the right time, but also that his too biggest rivals crashed out and he gained big time in a particular situation that isn't likely to happen again anytime soon), the absence of which will make winning again less likely than likely.

Unless you believe that Nibali is stronger in the mountains and time trials than Froome and Contador. I do not.

rhubroma said:
That wasn't my point. I just think the Sicilian realizes that last year presented a series of coincidences (first among them was Nibali finding extraordinary form at just the right time, but also that his too biggest rivals crashed out and he gained big time in a particular situation that isn't likely to happen again anytime soon), the absence of which will make winning again less likely than likely.

Unless you believe that Nibali is stronger in the mountains and time trials than Froome and Contador. I do not.
I thought your point was that his declarations admitted implicitly that. And my point was that no, they don't admit anything because they're the standard declarations any rider would say.

Eshnar said:
I thought your point was that his declarations admitted implicitly that. And my point was that no, they don't admit anything because they're the standard declarations any rider would say.

Yea, well, in the Italian context in which I read his statement, he just seemed frank, more than reciting a standard declaration.

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Double tinkoff fail, Roche blew every single tinkoff rider out the back before he pulled over for Kennaugh. Id say that really gets on tinkoffs nerves that a rider he had last year and was unwilling to pay him what he wants just blew Basso and the rest out. Apparently Basso is on more money than Roche was last year.

grizzlee said:
Double tinkoff fail, Roche blew every single tinkoff rider out the back before he pulled over for Kennaugh. Id say that really gets on tinkoffs nerves that a rider he had last year and was unwilling to pay him what he wants just blew Basso and the rest out. Apparently Basso is on more money than Roche was last year.

Roche wouldn't stay at TCS... he couldn't stand Tinkov who was constantly giving him a hard time..(Did you read the secret pro about Tinkov shouting at riders and how they are afraid of him) ..The whole issue of moeny was just a foil by Tinkov because he knew Roche left because of him...He always had the money to pay Roche who probably earns about 500K

Philippe Mauduit also clashed with Tinkov about his approach to 'motivation' and he ended up leaving

Anyway SKY seems a better fit for Roche as he looks already to be benefiting from changes...

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
inthepink said:
Roche wouldn't stay at TCS... he couldn't stand Tinkov who was constantly giving him a hard time..(Did you read the secret pro about Tinkov shouting at riders and how they are afraid of him) ..The whole issue of moeny was just a foil by Tinkov because he knew Roche left because of him...He always had the money to pay Roche who probably earns about 500K

Philippe Mauduit also clashed with Tinkov about his approach to 'motivation' and he ended up leaving

Anyway SKY seems a better fit for Roche as he looks already to be benefiting from changes...

Yeah I read that about Roche alright. I still think it will really get under his skin that 1 of his ex riders destroyed contadors climbing domestiques. I know Rodgers kreuziger and majka weren't there, but basso would have annoyed him. Bertie was left all on his own by the time Roche pulled over.

grizzlee said:
Yeah I read that about Roche alright. I still think it will really get under his skin that 1 of his ex riders destroyed contadors climbing domestiques. I know Rodgers kreuziger and majka weren't there, but basso would have annoyed him. Bertie was left all on his own by the time Roche pulled over.

Where was Roche the day before when Basso tore it up? :eek:

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
inthepink said:

Crap. Plenty have stayed

arvc40 said:
Crap. Plenty have stayed

What exactly is crap...My comment ? It happens to be true ...How rude are you

arvc40 said:
Exactly !. The whole race is now insignificant.

The race is still a matter for discusion by fans as I am doing here and quite within the purpose of a forum

And Contador knows he cannot win against SKY by himself ...he needs a top team even if you cannot grasp this simple fact of cycling

The thing is you Contador fan boys/girls on here are not cycling fans...you are not open to discussion especially if it is something that doesn't constantly say how great everything is at TCS and with Alberto Contador
You are basically fanatics and really should get out more ....I would advise you put down your computer/iphones, etc and do something a little more healthy
You are certainly no open to another point of view and insult and demean Chris Froome if he beats Contador and anyone who does not blindly follow your quite frankly mad behaviour...Many of you even knocked your idiol in 2013 when he wasn't wining....

I think Contador is a great cyclist but you guys really do him no favours

Oh and while I am at it ....Chris Froome is a better cyclist now and will win the Tour and you can insult and knock & throw bile in any direction but that won't change a thing

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
inthepink said:
Oh and while I am at it ....Chris Froome is a better cyclist now and will win the Tour and you can insult and knock & throw bile in any direction but that won't change a thing

Sure thing, and we can say Contador is the better cyclist, and will win the double for sure. What you think doesn't matter actually :eek:

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
inthepink said:
You prove my point perfectly...

Don't engage in discourse or discussion...just insult people ...

And you contradicted yourself as well, do you engage any reasonable discussion saying Froome is better and will win the Tour?
Stupid affirmation leads to stupid answer.

inthepink said:

The race is still a matter for discusion by fans as I am doing here and quite within the purpose of a forum

And Contador knows he cannot win against SKY by himself ...he needs a top team even if you cannot grasp this simple fact of cycling

The thing is you Contador fan boys/girls on here are not cycling fans...you are not open to discussion especially if it is something that doesn't constantly say how great everything is at TCS and with Alberto Contador
You are basically fanatics and really should get out more ....I would advise you put down your computer/iphones, etc and do something a little more healthy
You are certainly no open to another point of view and insult and demean Chris Froome if he beats Contador and anyone who does not blindly follow your quite frankly mad behaviour...Many of you even knocked your idiol in 2013 when he wasn't wining....

While I agree that fans from both sides can be rather narrow in their horizons, do you think you are above the fray by deciding who is and isn't a cycling fan? The sheer base of the word "fan" is fanatic, behaviour that can't necessarily be thought to involve logic, non-partisan opinion or rational thought. There are all different levels of fandom. You just seem to think you fall in the more rational minded side, which you may. Everyone that takes the time to post on here or just lurk is some level of cycling fan.

inthepink said:

I don't think it helps anything to make sweeping statements about the fans of any rider. Nor to simply make statements and assert they are true. Perhaps your statement about Roche is correct; I really don't know. Maybe you could link or cite more evidence to make your point?

Then, after saying 'how rude', you insult me and other people here by making sweeping statements about what you believe they do with their lives. There are several people here who are clearly fans of Contador and Saxo who are also well able to see the merit of Froome.

I suggest that if you want to raise the level of debate, you lead by example rather than get down into the pit of hostility yourself.

Frankly all this rancourous, playground level of 'discussion' is a dead bore.

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
inthepink said:

I've been a cycling fan all my life. Lived it and love it !

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
inthepink said:

"Chris Froome is a better cyclist now" you said that while you was "at it"
At what? Its not important. Confused you with my powerful word play.
I have already defeated you with words and yet to make a point.
You cannot even grasp how deep I am.

I think your post is Rubbish and nonsense and so does my 7 year old son.
King Bertie " the greatest rider of is generation "
Do you not remember just a few days ago he dropped the lanky git wizard with ease . Did you forget he beat him bad in the ITT?

He beats King Bertie once and you an admirer of this "Wayne Rooney Et stick insect mash up" claim he his a better rider.
I grant you he won 1 tour but that was against a very out of form Bertie.

Froome done big pooh pooh in his pants when the tour route was announced.
It was only when Bertie and Oleg decided to race the Giro that Froome committed to the tour.

Bertie unleashed only a bit of his power at the Vuleta yet he still toyed with Froome and gave him the beating "not that he deserved , but that he needed"
:D