• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 940 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Red Rick said:
I found it really, really odd how he just danced on the pedals for the entire last km, surely that can't be good in a tt at a point where the speed is close to 55kph.

He always gets out of the saddle near the finish. He was also out of the saddle for a long time after each corner. Perhaps not the best option for such a short ITT but it's just his usual way of riding a TT.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Poor ride very poor. Should never lose to Quintana and Nibali in a prologue, maybe Nibali in a monster shape. This is huge result for them for the TDF, Quintana will limit his losses very well vs Froome and could be close to Alberto(as he will have the Giro in his legs).

TANK91 said:
Poor ride very poor. Should never lose to Quintana and Nibali in a prologue, maybe Nibali in a monster shape. This is huge result for them for the TDF, Quintana will limit his losses very well vs Froome and could be close to Alberto(as he will have the Giro in his legs).

How can an early March result be huge for a July event?:confused:

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Donkey said:
you are certainly the biggest troll here and that's something to say with presence of likes of tank91 and others :D

You're name suits you Donkey, me a troll you wanna see Ray J Willings biggest troll on the forum but you would not notice that would you, it would not be in you're interests too.

Jack_89 said:
Bad ITT, of course.
However i'm confident: Quintana, in fact, never rides this year and Nibali last week and in Oman showed a poor form unlike Alberto in Ruta

I'm presuming one of two things. Firstly that he hasn't ridden much this year, which is true. Secondly that he never has good form at this part of the year, which although in 2013 PN he placed 15th to Porte, he'd lost 2 minutes in a stage with crosswinds (I think) so without that he could have come 3rd behind Porte, with an eventual deficit of 1:20, beating JCP.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Angliru said:
How can an early March result be huge for a July event?:confused:

OMG man he was awful today this should not happen to the best ever Contador, the new Contador era we were suppose to move into, yeah it looks like it. He lost GC in Andalucia when he should not even have lost 15 seconds. It was embarassing how he lost that race literally got destroyed in a km. Then we get to today, please read me the illustrious riders who beat him against the clock:rolleyes:. You would think he would beat Quintana come on.

TANK91 said:

Easy his ITT has decreased and Nibali is not a bad ITT rider.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Alberto should have finished top 20 if not top 10 in this ITT. His ITT has decreased slightly but IMO he is still stronger than Nibali. It is clear yesterday was a bad day so I have no idea what Tank is babbling about.

It was more than bad. Don't give me babbling either, i have made it known all year Froome and Contador are a level above. Im shocked by today he was grimacing and everything. The diff with me and you is i respect Alberto unlike you, so dont give me trolling. If this was Froome today god help us. You know it aswell. Froome is "sick" was classic Flo, yet yesterday you even said maybe he is sick, hilarious.

TANK91 said:
It was more than bad. Don't give me babbling either, i have made it known all year Froome and Contador are a level above. Im shocked by today he was grimacing and everything. The diff with me and you is i respect Alberto unlike you, so dont give me trolling. If this was Froome today god help us. You know it aswell. Froome is "sick" was classic Flo, yet yesterday you even said maybe he is sick, hilarious.

It's very simple. You are trying to create panic where there is no need for that. This result means
1 barely anything for the rest of the race, if this was just an off-day he can still win
2 nothing for the Tour

TANK91 said:

This is total BS. If indeed Alberto had a bad day that meant a second more or less to his rivals. The particular short effort suited Nibali better, who is able to re-launch himself out of the turns with good strenght. The fact that Quintana road so well, probably indicates he is in good form.

Who knows what a couple of better corners for Contador could have meant, perhaps a couple of seconds, a better line here and there, a couple of more: at this point he is more or less on Nibali's and Uran's time.

I'd be more concerned if he had lost significant time in a 30+ k TT. That would be a better indication.

At any rate all these guys stood to gain or loose much more time in a TTT. Perhaps Contador and team would have lost 20 seconds to Quintana and team, for instance.

I don't think Alberto's performance was as bad as many are making it out to be, including this website, which just can't seem to relish in anything more than taking a shot at the Spaniard. Well it is a British site so impartiality is hardly to be expected. :cool:

Terminillo will let us know who is really going the best among the frontrunners. So let us wait and see.

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Don't worry. I am sure he will do fine in the last ITT. In a prologue it's easy to lose some time.
He needs 25-30 sec on Uran. And less on Nibali. Should be doable.

TANK91 said:
OMG man he was awful today this should not happen to the best ever Contador, the new Contador era we were suppose to move into, yeah it looks like it. He lost GC in Andalucia when he should not even have lost 15 seconds. It was embarassing how he lost that race literally got destroyed in a km. Then we get to today, please read me the illustrious riders who beat him against the clock:rolleyes:. You would think he would beat Quintana come on.

What are you babbling about? He did beat Quintana. Please check your facts first in the future.

Alberto looking fit and ready to go
B_6b6PaXIAAvMqh.jpg

And the guy who paid 15,000 euros for Alberto's Vuelta winning bike, Steve Bennett, received it today from the man himself
B_5yVcCWUAAmIgO.jpg:large

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
He's gonna destroy them all sunday, i'm not even worried. It sucks that froome isn't here, would have been amazing.

He might already try something saterday though. We know alberto, he'll go when he feels like it.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Dr. Juice said:
Don't worry. I am sure he will do fine in the last ITT. In a prologue it's easy to lose some time.
He needs 25-30 sec on Uran. And less on Nibali. Should be doable.

yeah but he said Terminillo isn't hard enough to make that huge difference. Unless he pulls another Fuente De or Lanciano, then yeah. that would be 'epic'

TRENDING THREADS