• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1188 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

SeriousSam said:
damian13ster said:
SeriousSam said:
The number of Tour stages Contador won in his career is a bit of a shame.

What is it? 3?
2009: Verbier, ITT
2007: PtB in a sprint against Rasmussen

Just goes to show that at the Tour, only once, 6 years ago, was he clearly the best climber.
Unfortunately ( my opinion) he hasn't Froome or Pantani mentality ( always try to win )

Matteo. said:
SeriousSam said:
damian13ster said:
SeriousSam said:

What is it? 3?

Just goes to show that at the Tour, only once, 6 years ago, was he clearly the best climber.
Unfortunately ( my opinion) he hasn't Froome or Pantani mentality ( always try to win )

This is the most laughable post of the month. Contador doesn't have a winning mentality? :rolleyes:

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site

Matteo. said:
SeriousSam said:
damian13ster said:
SeriousSam said:

What is it? 3?

Care to elaborate on your opinion? Contadors sustained mental strength, over the course of nearly 3 generations, is widely recognizd.

Captain_Obvious said:
Matteo. said:
SeriousSam said:
damian13ster said:
SeriousSam said:

What is it? 3?

Care to elaborate on your opinion? Contadors sustained mental strength, over the course of nearly 3 generations, is widely recognizd.

That's one thing I don't like when people do..... generation does not equal 2 years. It is close to 20. Contador hasn't shown mental straight for 60 years or so...

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site

Matteo. said:
SeriousSam said:
damian13ster said:
SeriousSam said:

What is it? 3?

What the .....?!!!!
Did you just say he doesn't have the mentality to win?

Captain_Obvious said:
Matteo. said:
SeriousSam said:
damian13ster said:
SeriousSam said:

What is it? 3?

His mental strength, yes, but it's clear he doesn't have a "win everything you can" attitude.

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site

damian13ster said:
Captain_Obvious said:
[quote="[

Care to elaborate on your opinion? Contadors sustained mental strength, over the course of nearly 3 generations, is widely recognizd.[/quote]

That's one thing I don't like when people do..... generation does not equal 2 years. It is close to 20. Contador hasn't shown mental straight for 60 years or so...[/quote][/quote]
Mental strength is one of his strong points

damian13ster said:
That's one thing I don't like when people do..... generation does not equal 2 years. It is close to 20. Contador hasn't shown mental straight for 60 years or so...
In cycling, people say generations when they mean around 3-4 years. So Majka is a different generation than Contador. Contador has been at the top for 9 years so 3 generations. During Evans/Leipheimer/Armstrong time, then Andy, now Froome.

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
casati said:
What the .....?!!!!
Did you just say he doesn't have the mentality to win?
No. But he doesn't want to win everything. He allows other riders to win. That's why he has relatively few stage wins.
Agreed, if anything his mentality on this matter is similar to Anquetil, who didn't care about the amount of time he won by, 1 second was enough

LaFlorecita said:
damian13ster said:
In cycling, people say generations when they mean around 3-4 years. So Majka is a different generation than Contador. Contador has been at the top for 9 years so 3 generations. During Evans/Leipheimer/Armstrong time, then Andy, now Froome.

But Andy and Froome are pretty much the same age..... surely they have to count as same generation....
For me the generations are: pre 1999, post 2006, and possibly next year with Aru's and Landa's emergence (or Froome's 3rd Tour victory).
I guess it is a personal opinion, but 3 generations for a cyclist that is just 32 sounds ridiculous. Still, its just semantics

Matteo. said:
SeriousSam said:
damian13ster said:
SeriousSam said:

What is it? 3?

Seriously, this is just ridiculous.

LaFlorecita said:
damian13ster said:
Froome is 3 weeks older than Andy...

Netserk said:
LaFlorecita said:
damian13ster said:
Froome is 3 weeks older than Andy...
I wasn't saying Evans, Andy and Froome are 3 different generations. I was stating his main rivals, during each of those 3 generations (= 3 year period)

Moose McKnuckles said:
Matteo. said:
SeriousSam said:
damian13ster said:
SeriousSam said:

What is it? 3?

Seriously, this is just ridiculous.
It's not. How many times has he let other riders take the stage?

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Apperently he still suffered from allergies yesterday btw, that's what one of the saxo guys said on the radio.

On the tourmalet, he looked poop fleur. I might be wrong but it's a completely different face than last year in the tour, that's clear lol

TRENDING THREADS