• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1193 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Glad to see he didn't lose any more time today.

He looked much better today thanks to the rain, covered Froome's attack as well.

If we see another Contador in the alps and Froome fades a little bit, 4 minutes would be quickly shut down. There's still hope.

What's the obvious though, is that Quintana isn't doing better than what I expect from him, he is extremely overrated.

And Contador in top form would bury everyone over 3 weeks.

BlurryVII said:
Glad to see he didn't lose any more time today.

He looked much better today thanks to the rain, covered Froome's attack as well.

If we see another Contador in the alps and Froome fades a little bit, 4 minutes would be quickly shut down. There's still hope.

What's the obvious though, is that Quintana isn't doing better than what I expect from him, he is extremely overrated.

And Contador in top form would bury everyone over 3 weeks.
you massively underrate everyone but bertie
very impressive day from him though :)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
In the ideal situation where somehow froome gets worse (not that good today) and contador gets better maybe something is possible.

I hope he tries some crazy stuff at least.

But where's the damian guy talking how contador's allergies are complete bs?

Re:

Miburo said:
In the ideal situation where somehow froome gets worse (not that good today) and contador gets better maybe something is possible.

I hope he tries some crazy stuff at least.

But where's the damian guy talking how contador's allergies are complete bs?

And he need a crazy attack , but all of them. They can't wait the last climb otherwise Sky and Froome could destroy them again

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

BlurryVII said:
SeriousSam said:
A lot of people stayed with Froome today. Not just Contador.

No, he answered to his acceleration along with Quintana, that's not the same.

And that's Contador in bad form.

Yep, he was pretty good shuting gaps there. And he was not on the wheel atall

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Now we know that Contador isn't in bad shape, it was clearly the hot weather and the pollen allergi affecting his performance the other day.

He's not in topform, otherwise Contador doesn't arrive in a group with 10 other riders, but he's in a decent shape. We all saw that today.

Let's just pray for cold weather and some rain in the Alps, then we could see fireworks. Then he'll clearly try long distance attack, if he's feeling this well again.

If there's hot weather again, then I think he'll struggle.

Re: Re:

arvc40 said:
BlurryVII said:
SeriousSam said:
A lot of people stayed with Froome today. Not just Contador.

No, he answered to his acceleration along with Quintana, that's not the same.

And that's Contador in bad form.

Yep, he was pretty good shuting gaps there. And he was not on the wheel atall
Indeed, when Quintana attacked, he was in Rolland's or Tejay's wheel. He had to come from pretty far and he closed the gap rather quickly.

Edit: sorry it was Froome's attack

TRENDING THREADS