• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1203 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Matteo. said:
Do i really undestand ?!
Alberto would pleaded to not drop ?

o_O
This comes from a Spanish news website.

The odd thing is, that the quote of Alberto begging Valverde not to drop him, isn't attributed to either of them. It's just "there". Kind of as if the journalist just made it up.
My guess is, that Alberto asked Valverde to take a turn, Valverde didn't want, Alberto got annoyed and said something like "so are you going to ride away from me again?" Alberto said after the stage, "I knew he wouldn't cooperate and would then ride away, it happened many times in la Vuelta".

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Matteo. said:
Do i really undestand ?!
Alberto would pleaded to not drop ?

o_O
This comes from a Spanish news website.

The odd thing is, that the quote of Alberto begging Valverde not to drop him, isn't attributed to either of them. It's just "there". Kind of as if the journalist just made it up.
My guess is, that Alberto asked Valverde to take a turn, Valverde didn't want, Alberto got annoyed and said something like "so are you going to ride away from me again?" Alberto said after the stage, "I knew he wouldn't cooperate and would then ride away, it happened many times in la Vuelta".

it is impossible for someone like Alberto that cries for help :rolleyes: , come on. Probably this journalist is a hater and supporter of Valverde

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
"No me arranques, no me arranques" is not a cry for help unless taken out of context.

In a Clotaire Rapaillean way, it's like saying "let's ride up together," although the literal meaning is "don't ride away, don't ride away".

My issue isn't Valverde, we all know he does not like Alberto, my issue is with Alberto asking him to work to bridge the gap to Froome/Quintana. Is he really that out of it?

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Don't believe in this story. Contador probably asked for help, Valverde refused because of Quintana up the road, then rode away, nothing sensational there!

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Mr.White said:
Don't believe in this story. Contador probably asked for help, Valverde refused because of Quintana up the road, then rode away, nothing sensational there!

I personally find it hard to believe Alberto would ask Valverde of all people for help.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
It seems to me that Bertie asked Valverde to ride and Valverde refused because Quintana is up the road.
Valverde attacked when he knew that the time gap would not close.

Bertie still tired but seems to have a bit more spark.

LaFlorecita said:
Alberto:
"I can assure you I will try to make things happen if I have even 1 gram of force. Tomorrow is an unpredictable stage."

I hope this isn't another case of him repeating over and over again that he will attack at every opportunity, while never actually attacking :p

I hope so to but you never can come out say I'm done and dusted.

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
ray j willings said:
It seems to me that Bertie asked Valverde to ride and Valverde refused because Quintana is up the road.
Valverde attacked when he knew that the time gap would not close.

Bertie still tired but seems to have a bit more spark.

Indeed

@Jorgeescorial: Valverde: "Ayer Contador me decía que pasara, sólo eso, se ha dado más polémica de la que hay. Él es 100% peligroso y hay que vigilarle"

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

ILovecycling said:
LaFlorecita said:
Fwiw
The organizers of Clasica San Sebastian have said Alberto will race
And Jesper Hansen said to the Danish media that he would like to race the Vuelta.... in service of Alberto :confused:
And I think it was Majka, who, when asked if he would lead at the Vuelta, said "well Alberto might still ride it"
I don't know why... It's obvious he's exhausted. He might completely tire himself out for next season also.
that would be the biggest mistake of cycling DS(rider) ever made :mad:

that might be Oleg in the making? AC already looks knackered right now. Everyday we couldn't tell whether he'll get drop or hanging there. He keeps saying he is feeling better. I'm not his body, so I don't know how recovery from fatigue of 3 weeks GT felt like and how a human body con recover for so much stress by going into another 3 weeks GT. I guess this is the challenge that he wants it.. suffering like a dog with a gamble of win or loose. Or who knows, he might be in the verge of peaking his form, after hitting rock bottom first week. But what do I know? :D All I know, logically, going to Vuelta seems really crazy idea.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re:

jens_attacks said:
Tomorrow, we have fun

Vamos!

Oh yea the famous Col de Manse show :rolleyes:

Nothing will happen as usual, it's a *** route and climb. If he makes some difference on strength then good point for the rest of the race but if you call fun the fact that he takes insane risks in the descent for 5 seconds then no thanks.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
everyone is expecting an attack on last climb, so there's no element of surprise anymore. Unless some one decides to go a long range attack way before the last climb.

TRENDING THREADS