• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1340 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Re:

BlurryVII said:
Well, confirmation that Contador is as strong as 2014. He was by far the strongest in this PN and would've won hands down if Mont brouilly wasn't cancelled.

As usual, attacking isn't rewarded. Pretty confident he'll win Catalunya and Pais Vasco, he just needs a decent route.
Nonsense Thomas beat him, therefore by definition he was the strongest. Contadot is pretty awfull on short steep efforts so would probably have lost more time on Thomas. I doubt he'll win catlunya or paid vasco given that it won't be sky's number 3 in gc he'll be facing but number 1 and 2 respectively.

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Ramon Koran said:
BlurryVII said:
Well, confirmation that Contador is as strong as 2014. He was by far the strongest in this PN and would've won hands down if Mont brouilly wasn't cancelled.

As usual, attacking isn't rewarded. Pretty confident he'll win Catalunya and Pais Vasco, he just needs a decent route.
Nonsense Thomas beat him, therefore by definition he was the strongest. Contadot is pretty awfull on short steep efforts so would probably have lost more time on Thomas. I doubt he'll win catlunya or paid vasco given that it won't be sky's number 3 in gc he'll be facing but number 1 and 2 respectively.

Are you out of your mind ? Contador would've destroyed the race on stage 3, he's very well suited to this kind of climbs

Gloin22 said:
buchanan said:
Watching the presentation and he certainly looks unhappy on the 2nd step of the podium.

Well it was his last ever Paris Nice, it's gotta be emotional.

After an effort like that, and a second on the stage and in the overall, I think this is the one time that Alberto should say, "The second place is still good."

He even finished second in the points classification :D

A great week of racing, I would have preferred Contador and Porte to get the better of Thomas, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Good composure from the Brit to say calm under pressure, and having Henao (and Gallopin :p ) alongside obviously helped.

I think that AC will return to the top step of the podium at Pais Vasco. Not sure about Catalunya, but I think that P-V is usually a better race for him.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

Ramon Koran said:
BlurryVII said:

Thomas had the best team, he was not the strongest in the sense of being strongest himself, but in context of the team and cycling is a team sport, can't doubt that.

Well that was a show and he gave it everything. Grande performance and shows his form is on track for the major objective and that he is as Hungry as ever.

He was disappointed to say goodbye to PN in 2nd :( 2nd is nothing to him, obviously! But this was grand road racing!!!

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

TheYouyou7 said:
Ramon Koran said:
BlurryVII said:

Are you out of your mind ? Contador would've destroyed the race on stage 3, he's very well suited to this kind of climbs
Really? We're you by any chance one of the people saying he would destroy froome on huy in the tdf? Let's face it it's not 2010 anymore, contador is not punchy anymore he needs long climbs to be competitive.

Ramon Koran said:
BlurryVII said:

Eh?! It's a kind of joke?
Two weeks ago , Thomas was destroyd on Malhao ( a climb similar Mont Broully). What are you talking about?

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Ramon Koran said:
BlurryVII said:

Yeah, and chickens have teeth.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

Matteo. said:
Ramon Koran said:
BlurryVII said:

Two weeks ago , Thomas was destroyd on Malhao ( a climb similar Mont Broully). What are you talking about?
Not comparable Thomas didn't need to mark him and just let him go, contador was realed in by all the favorites when they started racing.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

Matteo. said:
Ramon Koran said:
BlurryVII said:

Contador started what, 1 minute and something behind Thomas?

Why would he follow him and risk blowing up to his ACTUAL contenders in that race

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

BlurryVII said:
Ramon Koran said:
BlurryVII said:

Sorry I don't understand what that's got to do with this, please stick to the thread.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re:

bajbar said:
But he did put 35 seconds into Thomas in less than two kilometres on a 5-6% gradient. Which is great.

Also 50 seconds into the peloton on Cote de Peille. He basically lost it all on the flat part everytime.

May 20, 2015
Visit site

Ramon Koran said:
Matteo. said:
Ramon Koran said:
BlurryVII said:

Not comparable Thomas didn't need to mark him and just let him go, contador was realed in by all the favorites when they started racing.

G went faster this year than he did in 2015, no point arguing on this, stage 3 was for him.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Ramon Koran said:
BlurryVII said:
Ramon Koran said:
BlurryVII said:

Sorry I don't understand what that's got to do with this, please stick to the thread.

Don't understand what your post has got to do with the race either. :eek:

Ramon Koran said:
Matteo. said:
Ramon Koran said:
BlurryVII said:

Even after Contador's attack that initially created a gap of of 25 seconds, Thomas lost more seconds to finish 28 seconds down. Thomas rode with everything he had there to save his GC.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Gloin22 said:
Matteo. said:
Ramon Koran said:
BlurryVII said:

Contador started what, 1 minute and something behind Thomas?

Why would he follow him and risk blowing up to his ACTUAL contenders in that race

He wouldn't have been able to follow him either way.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Gloin22 said:
BlurryVII said:
bajbar said:
But he did put 35 seconds into Thomas in less than two kilometres on a 5-6% gradient. Which is great.

Also 50 seconds into the peloton on Cote de Peille. He basically lost it all on the flat part everytime.

He should clearly train on flat bit more.

It was Kiserlovski and another tinkoff who were leading AC. They lost the battle against Sky. Don't know what you're talking about.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

TheYouyou7 said:
Ramon Koran said:
Matteo. said:
Ramon Koran said:
BlurryVII said:

G went faster this year than he did in 2015, no point arguing on this, stage 3 was for him.
Either way it was cancelled you have to adapt. I'm sure froome (better puncher than contador) would still have one without stage 3. Contador could not adapt, he wasn't good enough so he lost.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

BlurryVII said:
Ramon Koran said:
BlurryVII said:
Ramon Koran said:
BlurryVII said:

Don't understand what your post has got to do with the race either. :eek:
It's Contador thread my post is about Contador what is the problem with that?

TRENDING THREADS