• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1417 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
LaFlorecita said:
Maybe he stayed with them for 100km, how can you judge from a photo :rolleyes:
So what? If he's charging them €25-45, he should have stayed with them ALL THE TIME.
Part of the fascination of taking parts in such events as an amateur/normal cyclist is to really get to know the difference between pros and normal folks. Some riders will take it as an opportunity to test how long they can stay with Alberto. I don't see the problem.

CheckMyPecs said:
LaFlorecita said:
Maybe those people want to see Alberto push on the climbs so they can see how long they can hang on. How can you judge?
Can you imagine Taylor Swift going backstage for drinks during a concert and telling fans to keep singing her songs on their own? No way.
That's a really bad analogy, completely off. Cycling isn't Alberto's, and I would love it if I could ride with him and see him go off into the distance, before catching up with him at the end (when it's over).

Who goes to Taylor Swift concerts anyway? Her vocal range is like an octave, and her songwriting range even smaller.

Brullnux said:
CheckMyPecs said:
LaFlorecita said:
Maybe those people want to see Alberto push on the climbs so they can see how long they can hang on. How can you judge?
Can you imagine Taylor Swift going backstage for drinks during a concert and telling fans to keep singing her songs on their own? No way.
That's a really bad analogy, completely off. Cycling isn't Alberto's, and I would love it if I could ride with him and see him go off into the distance, before catching up with him at the end (when it's over).

Who goes to Taylor Swift concerts anyway? Her vocal range is like an octave, and her songwriting range even smaller.
Lol

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Matteo. said:
Blurry , according to Vino, Nibali will be in the competition of GC guys for the tour. Be carefull , remember what you told me.
I'm praying already u_u

Well, carnage incoming then :D

Vino can say whatever he wants, Nibali will be left for dead on the 1st climb lol.

Miburo said:
Valv.Piti said:
The classic and incomparable Contador-hysteria up to a big race. Keep it coming guys

Hey man, it's actually part of the enjoyment :D
I like it, it just speaks volumes about that the Contador-fanbase, at least on CN, by far is the most passionated. Sometimes you overdo it, but safe to say, I look forward to Dauphine as well - maybe not QUITE as much as some guys in here, tho, starting the countdown when the final Giro-stages were on their way :D

May 29, 2016
Visit site
Think noone will be able to handle Contador this tour and also this years Critérium du Dauphiné. He have the luxury again to peak for one race and I just cant see anyone beeing able to beat him unless he crash. Quintana seems better this year so he might put up a fight, doubt Froome have much to say.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Moose McKnuckles said:
Just to clarify, when people say "Contador looks fat" they mean he is starting to resemble a normal human being, right?

I'd give Contador a 5 on the Rasmussen Emaciation Scale.
Lol,great post :D

@Flo thanks for pics :)

Re:

BlurryVII said:
I forgot Di Luca recently. Still winner of the Giro 07' strangely enough.

Funny thing, the same guy (lenric) claims to be a big contador fan but is always arguing against him for some reason. I've seen many of those people by now, trying to appear "more objective" by saying they're fans and hating at the same time. It's not working, just saying.
Taxus took the cake on that one.

A Danish cycling enthusiast and blogger posted some very interesting (and impressive!) statistics on Contador (I haven't double checked, so I don't know if they're true):

In the last 10 seasons, Contador has participated in 56 stage races on highest level (I assume that means WT-races but don't know). He has won 24 of those and top 5'ed an additional 24 :eek:

TRENDING THREADS