• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1491 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
TommyGun said:
French TV totally bashing Contador ("The crash was his own fault", "This rider just crashes a lot", etc.) and disregarding him as a Tour favourite ("Tomorrow we might see the first battle between Froome and Quintana"): this is so annoying, I cannot wait for these idiots to be proven wrong.
Pfff.... Idiots :(
Just saw a video from another angle, Alberto is the one to go down first but it's hard to tell if it's because Bookwalter touches his back wheel or if Alberto just loses grip on the road

LaFlorecita said:
TommyGun said:
French TV totally bashing Contador ("The crash was his own fault", "This rider just crashes a lot", etc.) and disregarding him as a Tour favourite ("Tomorrow we might see the first battle between Froome and Quintana"): this is so annoying, I cannot wait for these idiots to be proven wrong.
Just saw a video from another angle, Alberto is the one to go down first but it's hard to tell if it's because Bookwalter touches his back wheel or if Alberto just loses grip on the road
Contador, himself, said it was a traffic island he caught.

sir fly said:
LaFlorecita said:
TommyGun said:
He smashed into a traffic island after he had already crashed.

Seemed like a really hard hit, amazing that he apparently did not suffer any fractures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLwZoTGhDyk&feature=youtu.be

LaFlorecita said:
sir fly said:
LaFlorecita said:
TommyGun said:
He smashed into a traffic island after he had already crashed.

Seemed like a really hard hit, amazing that he apparently did not suffer any fractures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLwZoTGhDyk&feature=youtu.be
Great video, thanx.
That's right, he hit the traffic island after slipped in the curve. Looks like it was the speed that threw him out. Bookwalter was on outer side of his rear wheel.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
He's really fine i think. The more he complains about the crash, the better :p

He directly went back on the bike, nothing special. Hurt himself, will have a bad night maybe. But then all is fine i think

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
I hope your right but im afraid I need more to go on that what you think :p

But lets all hope for the best, it would be a shame if Contador would go down regardless of whome you support there simply isnt anyone out there like him. Hope its nothing serious and he recovers well and wont be to affected by it, I really hoped for a clean battle betwen Contador, Froome, Quintana lets wait and hope.

He looks very lean and I have a feeling he is extreme strong judging by his strong dauphine (by his standards in dauphine) it would be devestating if the crash would stop him from destroying everybody.

Re: Re:

Irondan said:
Valv.Piti said:
If you look closely, Bookwalter's wheel didn't touch Contador. 100% his own fault for what it is worth.
I looked closely and thought that Bookwalter was on top of Berties wheel. They looked to be touching to me. :confused:

Would have touched if Contador didn't react. Not an easy save, but a good bike handler in the professional peloton would have stayed up there imo.

Crashes are always worse the next day and tomorrow is a difficult finish...if he's positioned well at the end of the stage, then the crash won't be a big issue.

What's more concerning are the time gaps today. Hey, either there is a 3k rule or there isn't. Surely AC took it safe at the end thinking there was. Typical European cycling. They can't even agree on the rules! Anyone know if the gaps stand?

Re:

rhubroma said:
Crashes are always worse the next day and tomorrow is a difficult finish...if he's positioned well at the end of the stage, then the crash won't be a big issue.

What's more concerning are the time gaps today. Hey, either there is a 3k rule or there isn't. Surely AC took it safe at the end thinking there was. Typical European cycling. They can't even agree on the rules! Anyone know if the gaps stand?
No time gaps.

Re: Re:

Alexandre B. said:
rhubroma said:

No time gaps.

Thanks, well that's good to know.

In l'Equipe, AC interview:

J’ai de grosse plaies. Des douleurs sur tout le côté droit qui est vraiment touché. [...] On va se poser un peu et essayer d’évaluer ce qu’il en est, pour demain. C’est un coup considérable.

Translation: I have big wounds, my whole right side hurts and is badly injured...we'll try to rest a little and evaluate for tomorrow. It's a huge blow.

Not good.

Tonton said:

J’ai de grosse plaies. Des douleurs sur tout le côté droit qui est vraiment touché. [...] On va se poser un peu et essayer d’évaluer ce qu’il en est, pour demain. C’est un coup considérable.

Translation: I have big wounds, my whole right side hurts and is badly injured...we'll try to rest a little and evaluate for tomorrow. It's a huge blow.

Not good.
No..... Not good. :sad:

Tonton said:

Not good.

But he will carry on and by the mountain stages he will be okay.

TRENDING THREADS