• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1678 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Miburo said:
Netserk said:
Who cares about morality? Really?! :eek:

Clearly contador didnt care when he extended his contract in 2015 so its hilarious to feel bad for him now

Maybe he expected a gold watch and a signed and framed portrait of the boss ? At least Tinkoff is consistent in his ability to lack class but the honesty is also kinda refreshing by today's standards of apologizing for everything when it becomes unpopular. He should have saved it for his autobiography tentatively titled Legend In My Own Mind !

Re: Re:

movingtarget said:
Miburo said:
Netserk said:
Who cares about morality? Really?! :eek:

Clearly contador didnt care when he extended his contract in 2015 so its hilarious to feel bad for him now

Maybe he expected a gold watch and a signed and framed portrait of the boss ? At least Tinkoff is consistent in his ability to lack class but the honesty is also kinda refreshing by today's standards of apologizing for everything when it becomes unpopular. He should have saved it for his autobiography tentatively titled Legend In My Own Mind !
To be honest there is quite a big difference between "honesty" and his latest comments which are simply abusive and humiliating.

Just realized Bertie will become Brian Molko within 15 years:
image.php

LaFlorecita said:
Berto with the Arabian Pistolero :D
CvOe5YaWcAAveaE.jpg

And making friends for next season :)
CvNmoEbWAAAxlct.jpg

CvNiqCXXYAA62XT.jpg
Not sure which one is the sprinter
I'm convinced Contador standing on the pedals so much has had the unintended side effect of getting unnecessary upper body muscle. He looks like he's prepared to arm wrestle Froome next year rather than race him in the mountains.

That said, he managed to not win a race without Flo freaking out. That's a new one :D

So Nicolas Roche has said he doesn't write Alberto Contador off when it comes to wining the Tour de France (as many on here do !!)

"I know Alberto well and I know how passionate he is about cycling, and if he decided to carry on for another two years, it's because he believes he has more to show.

"One of Alberto's strengths is his mental ability to fight and never give up. When he is in contention, even if it's third, fourth or fifth, you know he is ready to do anything and can still turn a race upside down. You cannot ignore Alberto at this level."

Roche is obviously not one of those who Tinkov implied didn't like Contador ... In fact it was the other way for Roche who left the team because of his relationship with Tinkov

Re:

HelloDolly said:
So Nicolas Roche has said he doesn't write Alberto Contador off when it comes to wining the Tour de France (as many on here do !!)

"I know Alberto well and I know how passionate he is about cycling, and if he decided to carry on for another two years, it's because he believes he has more to show.

"One of Alberto's strengths is his mental ability to fight and never give up. When he is in contention, even if it's third, fourth or fifth, you know he is ready to do anything and can still turn a race upside down. You cannot ignore Alberto at this level."

Roche is obviously not one of those who Tinkov implied didn't like Contador ... In fact it was the other way for Roche who left the team because of his relationship with Tinkov
Roche getting inspiration for his column
CvcEtH0WEAA8h6f.jpg

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Berto in 2016
3rd Volta ao Algarve + 1 stage
2nd Paris-Nice
2nd Volta a Catalunya
1st Vuelta al Pais Basco + 1 stage
5th Dauphiné + 1 stage
1st Vuelta a Burgos
4th Vuelta a España