• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1906 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

RedheadDane said:
His upcoming retirement is really making me feel old... I mean; it wasn't that long ago he suddenly burst onto the Grand Tour scene, is it? I know it is... but it... isn't. It can't be.

Its just ten years ago since "those" duels with Rasmussen. Its not much at all although it is pratically a lifetime in the timeframe of a racer. And now we're standing here, a couple of years later with all the joy and all the grief, at the end of things wondering where the time did go. Cruel father time.

Wishing you all a memorable three weeks. Stay in the present.

Today is Alberto's last stage in France as a pro cyclist. Prades mayor gave him the city's gold medal at the sign in.
DHv8sqVWsAABxCI

https://twitter.com/lavuelta/status/899590486750580736

Video here:
https://twitter.com/lavuelta/status/899596939628556288

Re:

Forever The Best said:
Contador knows La Rabassa from 2008 Vuelta. (same side was climbed that day)
I hope for an attack on the first slopes of Rabassa. Vamos!
Lol. That would prove that Contador doesnt believe he actually can win this race and only is riding for the show, he will wait until proven otherwise and then begin his long range antics.

Re: Re:

Jspear said:
Forever The Best said:

I certainly don't. If he is gonna attack I hope for an attack that will actually stick. It wouldn't be on the penultimate climb. Truth is with the descent, today isn't for AC.
I don't think he will win the GC anyways, better create carnage in every single stage and make this a great GT. :cool:

Valv.Piti said:
Forever The Best said:
Lol. That would prove that Contador doesnt believe he actually can win this race and only is riding for the show, he will wait until proven otherwise and then begin his long range antics.
I don't think he will win the GC anyways. Better create carnage on every stage and make this a great GT.

Forever The Best said:
Valv.Piti said:
Forever The Best said:
I don't think he will win the GC anyways. Better create carnage on every stage and make this a great GT.
That would be sad and show he doesnt believe he actually can win (he has said he believe he can). And even if the chance is minimal, you chase that opportunity. Contador aint stupid

Valv.Piti said:
Forever The Best said:
Valv.Piti said:
Forever The Best said:
That would be sad and show he doesnt believe he actually can win (he has said he believe he can). And even if the chance is minimal, you chase that opportunity. Contador aint stupid
If he is in a shape to win he can drop some of the contenders in Rabassa. He also needs to get time on some fresher riders like Nibali, Zakarin and co. before he gets tired. (this is the first time in his career that he tries Tour-Vuelta so in the final week he may be worse than the others who rode the Tour.)