• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1911 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

rick james said:
LaFlorecita said:
of course it can be argued he stood on the top step in Paris 3 times, it's a fact
its also a fact he was stripped of them

Yes he was, but then again one shouldn't then go around claiming that 2007 was gifted to him and should also not count towards his palmares. One should at least be consistent. He stood on the top step in 2007 and as to this date he was not stripped of that win. End of.

arvc40 said:
ferryman said:
So Contador has finally ran out of gas, inspiration, desire who knows. The posters who still feel they need to post in this thread and make derisory
comments make me laugh. You really know **** all about cycling. Contador is simply THE best GT rider we have seen in the last 30 years, bar none.

He is a great rider but not the best. He has one 100% Pukka TDF win from 2009, one given to him and one taken away. IMO his Giro and Vuelta victorys are great but they are not the Tour.

We all know that Froome will finish with a better record. He is better Physically, Mentally and is improving in every other aspect that's required to be the greatest ever GT rider. He stays on his bike and stays out of trouble riding with fource and aggression. And for the record he is at this point clean as a whistle.

Contador brings excitement to a race but by the last 10 k it usually falls flat, no different to madcap long range efforts on Flat stages.

His best moments where good to watch but not sure there is to much to miss about the last few years at Tour where he damn well should be able to at least go man on man with Froome rather than get dropped by his team mates, Often simply showing lack of Athletic ability.

Hillarious :lol:

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Next year froome will have his biggest challenger in the tour since 2014 tour. We all know what happened to froome in 2014. Sky was under pressure and made a stupid mistake in the beggining of a flat stage

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

Blanco said:
arvc40 said:
ferryman said:
So Contador has finally ran out of gas, inspiration, desire who knows. The posters who still feel they need to post in this thread and make derisory
comments make me laugh. You really know **** all about cycling. Contador is simply THE best GT rider we have seen in the last 30 years, bar none.

He is a great rider but not the best. He has one 100% Pukka TDF win from 2009, one given to him and one taken away. IMO his Giro and Vuelta victorys are great but they are not the Tour.

We all know that Froome will finish with a better record. He is better Physically, Mentally and is improving in every other aspect that's required to be the greatest ever GT rider. He stays on his bike and stays out of trouble riding with fource and aggression. And for the record he is at this point clean as a whistle.

Contador brings excitement to a race but by the last 10 k it usually falls flat, no different to madcap long range efforts on Flat stages.

His best moments where good to watch but not sure there is to much to miss about the last few years at Tour where he damn well should be able to at least go man on man with Froome rather than get dropped by his team mates, Often simply showing lack of Athletic ability.

Hillarious :lol:

Thanks for highlighting that section into black.

arvc40 said:
ferryman said:

This.

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

Forever The Best said:
rick james said:
Forever The Best said:
Where are the mods?
why?
its the truth
The bolded parts belong in The Clinic, not here. If you want to know my thoughts about Froome and whether he dopes or not, ask in The Clinic.

I don't think there is any Clinic issue at all, that's the point !!!!. Its just a light summary of my own thoughts. I was only stating that his slate is clean just like many other riders.

Try not to use it as an excuse to get rid of opinions and some facts you don't like.

arvc40 said:
Forever The Best said:
rick james said:
Forever The Best said:
Where are the mods?
why?
its the truth
The bolded parts belong in The Clinic, not here. If you want to know my thoughts about Froome and whether he dopes or not, ask in The Clinic.

I don't think there is any Clinic issue at all, that's the point !!!!. Its just a light summary of my own thoughts. I was only stating that his slate is clean just like many other riders.

Try not to use it as an excuse to get rid of opinions and some facts you don't like.
??
Doping talk is not allowed in PRR.
And saying that 'Rider X is clean as a whistle at this point' is doping talk and should belong to The Clinic.
So one of the bolded things belong in the clinic.

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
Forever The Best said:
Where are the mods?

So using yesterday's evening formula: "So far Froome was not stripped from his titles" - that would be okay for you?

You know, I am a new member and would like to behave in correct way..
Probably yes. If you are talking about palmares it belongs here, (e.g. Saying that 'Contador has a TDF title stripped' belongs here) but if you are talking about clinic it doesn't from what I've understood from the rules. (E.g. saying that 'Contador was caught doping and Froome wasn't' doesn't belong here)
:)

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Stomach problems... that would mean he could use some good TUE's hopefully (this is no clinic talk as TUE's are perfectly allowed).

Vamos grande Alberto!

TRENDING THREADS