• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1989 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Does anybody have some knowledge about the sporting career of Macarena? Because everybody inherate their stamina qualities from their mothers.
But I think he rather prefers his boy to become a successful corporate professional or at least a football player at Real Madrid.

Re:

Pennino said:
Does anybody have some knowledge about the sporting career of Macarena? Because everybody inherate their stamina qualities from their mothers.
But I think he rather prefers his boy to become a successful corporate professional or at least a football player at Real Madrid.
Sporting career :confused: :p
Actually when asked Berto once said (a long time ago I think during the clen saga) he would not discourage his son from becoming a pro cyclist because "it is way better than spending your life in an office" or somesuch.

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Pennino said:
Sporting career :confused: :p
Actually when asked Berto once said (a long time ago I think during the clen saga) he would not discourage his son from becoming a pro cyclist because "it is way better than spending your life in an office" or somesuch.

Yeah I meant her sporting achievements :D.
Ah ok, yeah obviously with his youth project and his motto that cycling is the best sport to transmit all the important values of life, he can't be contrary to that. But let's see. In all honesty I've gotten a bit fed up lately with all these sons of former pros in all sports. The real deal are still the ones that have built it all on their own, without any significant support of their moms and dads.

But Alberto junior will have my full support of course :)

Alberto Technical Commenter - also in Colombia
Alberto_Col.jpg

:)

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Seems like Alberto is more busy than ever after his active career. Good for him, I hope the team gets Pro Conti or even WT at some point.

I also saw a picture of Basso, Alberto and Quintana, thats some GTs.

He seems to be in a good mood. But we miss him in the races. Great to hear about the baby.

LaFlorecita said:
Red Rick said:
Footage of Landa, but this is about the commentary

https://twitter.com/Eurosport_ES/status/972500986420912128
He sounds a bit awkward, I love it :D and when Landa starts his sprint, "Mikel wins, Mikel wins, for sure"

Damn, I wish I lived in Spain
It's the a sprint finish, which is usually the part where the main commentator starts yelling and the co commentator hangs out the window (or that's Ducrot only :D )

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
Red Rick said:

He sounds a bit awkward, I love it :D and when Landa starts his sprint, "Mikel wins, Mikel wins, for sure"

I loved it too :D he really ruined the suspense when he said "Mikel wins, for sure". he has to learn that one of the jobs of a commentator is to create suspense to the fans :D

portugal11 said:
LaFlorecita said:
Red Rick said:

I loved it too :D he really ruined the suspense when he said "Mikel wins, for sure". he has to learn that one of the jobs of a commentator is to create suspense to the fans :D
He'll get better, I hope Eurosport have patience :) the comments I see on social media are mostly positive

TRENDING THREADS