• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 2001 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Merckx index said:
If Contador did the climb in 56 minutes, that's about 5.2W/kg. Quintana was at about 5.85 W/kg, and there were twenty riders within six minutes of him. Though a few started the climb ahead of Quintana, most were in the MJ group.
So I guess the main conclusion from this is that hardly any of the top 20 on that stage post their rides on Strava.

Re: Re:

Mayo from Mayo said:
Red Rick said:
Valv.Piti said:
Haha, why does Lance hate Contador so much? Just irrational hate?
It really can only be everything that happened between them at Astana.

And Lance is definitely one to hold grudges.

There's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9uXglMzMU0

Never tire of watching that

Yeah that's a Grand one. My favorite is Etna and hearing Slanger yell 'Look at Contador Ride" with total astonishment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szLGtG_yQzo&t=251s

Wow a talent like Berto brings tears to these old eyes! He is Sorely missed!

wheresmybrakes said:
Lequack said:
mKD5M2n.png

And Lance remembering Contador as well :)
https://youtu.be/wVtdrZA9PoI?t=29m2s

Without being disrespectful, is this not surprising seeing he didn't have another 16 days and 2 previous mountains in his legs? He is quite fresh and seemed to glide up that climb with Flecha breathing like me on the flat! :D
Well clearly, no one is saying his performance is comparable to that of say Kruijswijk. However he is 6 kg heavier than last year and obviously not as trained and he wasn't paced by a sky train so it is still a very impressive time.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I miss The Great One :(

Watching this Tour is a sad lesuire activity. One of important reason is that our national tv got really fun commentators and ex-cyclist which are more entertaining than the race.

LaFlorecita said:
Well clearly, no one is saying his performance is comparable to that of say Kruijswijk. However he is 6 kg heavier than last year and obviously not as trained and he wasn't paced by a sky train so it is still a very impressive time.

Sounds about right. Shed those 6 kg without losing power, and he's right up there with Quintana. Of course, he's fresh, no previous climbs of the stage in his legs, let alone the previous three weeks of a GT, but OTOH, he also hasn't been training. Pretty impressive, I'd say.

Who is the guy hosting? Feel bad for the 32,000 people that actually viewed this drivel. He argued third meant nothing to Froome, yet clearly it did. And even he should remember Contador actually worked for him to help save his podium on the Ventoux in 2009. Wish he would go away.

TRENDING THREADS