• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
that is very likely to happen according to gazzetta.the points problem is also solved in this way

there are some pretty big monster teams out there now(katusha,astana,sky,radioshack,omega) so another one is welcomed.that's the future for pro cycling.
they say sagan will stay in this team for sure.
kreuziger likely to get back here....
szmyd and oss to BMC...probably szmyd will work for tejay on the mountains lol
brambilla(colnago) and de marchi(androni) will come here too it seems.

this could be a great team

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Not going to get my hopes high though.. But Basso and Szmyd as domestiques for Alberto..! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

IMO Basso will be GC captain of the team and Contador his domestique:p

But the team will be italian or dane?
Riis as boss or like Kim Andersen at RSNT?;)

jens_attacks said:
that is very likely to happen according to gazzetta.the points problem is also solved in this way

there are some pretty big monster teams out there now(katusha,astana,sky,radioshack,omega) so another one is welcomed.that's the future for pro cycling.

Sounds good on paper, but so did the merger of leopard and radioshack. We'll see, but it would be perfect since Conti can continue to work with Riis and has a powerful team, which 1. can provide him with the support in grand tours and 2. has other riders that bring in results.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:

That would be pretty awesome.

jens_attacks said:

How does this help Sagan?

[edit: wrong question for this thread, I guess]

This really would be a great team. contador sagan, wow though i don't know what races they could work together in.

I would hope that szmyd would stay so that he could maybe win the tour as a domestique.

Basso would most likely get the giro with angoli capechi caruso szmyd as his workers.

The Hitch said:
This really would be a great team. contador sagan, wow though i don't know what races they could work together in.

I would hope that szmyd would stay so that he could maybe win the tour as a domestique.

Basso would most likely get the giro with angoli capechi caruso szmyd as his workers.

Yeah plus kreuziger back and brambilla and de marchi to the team... Could be so awesome

picture.php

TRENDING THREADS