• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 80 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
"Contador in God-mode vs Froome in cyborg-mode."

Would be a nice headline.

Tomorrow he might attack at the end doubt it though, and i've heard that there might be a 19 % part at the last km or something like that but i'm not sure if that's true.

Carols said:
This...he is not strong :( Someone remind of where and when if they ever saw Alberto get caught at the top of a climb in a GT when he was loose on the lead and going for a win?

What, no, that is not what i was saying. He was losing power becuase he was looking behind and not in front. That means that when on the mountains he is actually racing rather than looking for rivals, he should do better.

The Hitch said:
What, no, that is not what i was saying. He was losing power becuase he was looking behind and not in front. That means that when on the mountains he is actually racing rather than looking for rivals, he should do better.

Well then I'll say it myself...he was losing Power folks, couldn't find a small enough gear....he is Not Ready yet! Hopefully it comes soon.

And someone tell me when they saw him get hunted down and beat when loose on the lead in a GT stage. Never happened that I can recall!

Carols said:
Well then I'll say it myself...he was losing Power folks, couldn't find a small enough gear....he is Not Ready yet! Hopefully it comes soon.

And someone tell me when they saw him get hunted down and beat when loose on the lead in a GT stage. Never happened that I can recall!

Because he normally goes with more k to go. He had a small gap so Purito and Piti could do their 100 meter sprint and pass him. When he's 40 seconds up the road of course they aren't gonna pass him :rolleyes:

Carols said:

When did i see him hunted down, well Muur d huy for example when him and Anton broke from Evans and Nibali and Purito and then got caught at the end.

Never happened in a gt because the whole situation is new. For starters its the first week. Even when on form what does Contador ever really do in the first week? Aside from etna which was an actual mtf, on the 9th stage, so beginning of second week, he just sits in and defends. Usually they are borefests anyway.

And thats before we even consider that he hasnt had the best preperation.

And hunted down is not even the right word. id say hunted down if he attacked 3k out and got caught after 10 minutes out alone. Even a minute before the finish he was in a group. He found himself ahead with very little to go, looked back and got caught. More of a premature sprint than getting hunted down.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
The only bad news for Alberto is have not excuses to sign better climber than his friends Hernandez and Navarro:rolleyes:

Majka, 23, showing he is a great climber

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Carols said:

with all due respect, these travis avatars are doing me head in..
especially seeing them outside the lunatic asy.. the clinic

so ima counter this recent phenomenon with an extremely evil-looking Lance avatar :D:D

good day

Oh so my eyes weren't deceiving me:

I needed a little bit more power, but I’m very happy with how it worked out, we dropped Froome which was important,” Contador said.

“I’m going well but not super-well, I’d have liked to have won but I was concentrating on Froome rather than on Alejandro and Joaquim when they came back up to me.

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Carols said:
I'll change it soon, no worries.....

even if i wasnt totally unclinicy.. that guy looking at me is just creepy :eek:

airstream said:
Avatars really crack up. Seemingly only fans of dominators associate the sport with the only rider..

aaaaaaah.. no. no idea what you're talking about :eek:
care to rephrase?

not once did i scream at the top of my voice, throwing about pieces of clothing and furniture during il giro or le tour. i would have, probably when Fabian attacked, going for the second stage win, but couldnt watch that day.
all right, wasnt the top of my voice.
anyways.. thank you to the spanish armada is what im trying to say
and more to come!

May 19, 2011
Visit site
King Riis! said:
Alberto will equal Froome on this TT course i believe!
This Vuelta will be settled on the high grounds.

it will be close I hope, but right now I think alien CF is better at ITT, hilly course may play a little better into AC's favor

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
On a flat TT Froome would probably take some time on Alberto, but this course seems to favour Alberto more, hes pretty good on on a tt bike, but ad a elevation and he´s very hard to beat. Only his form I doubt....

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Because he normally goes with more k to go. He had a small gap so Purito and Piti could do their 100 meter sprint and pass him. When he's 40 seconds up the road of course they aren't gonna pass him :rolleyes:

Rodriguez and Valverde have always been great finishers, so the fact Contador almost held on for the win after such a late attack tells me he's getting stronger. It's looking better and better for him.

TRENDING THREADS