• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Aleksandr Vlasov discussion thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yesterday, Vingegaard fell onto Vlasov, so Vlasov fell to the ground, and had to walk into the finish. This cost Vlasov the victory in Itzulia. If Vingegaard had not fallen onto him, Vlasov would have won the GC.

Then Bora would have won Catalunya AND Itzulia in 2022.

This is sad. Podium for Vlasov in Itzulia is good. But he would have won.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Yesterday, Vingegaard fell onto Vlasov, so Vlasov fell to the ground, and had to walk into the finish. This cost Vlasov the victory in Itzulia. If Vingegaard had not fallen onto him, Vlasov would have won the GC.

Then Bora would have won Catalunya AND Itzulia in 2022.

This is sad. Podium for Vlasov in Itzulia is good. But he would have won.

Dont think so.

I like him to be honest. He is a good guy in my opinion and he always wants to race just like all the younger guys. To be his nationality doesn’t matter, it is not something that he can help, and he was also relatively outspoken as far as that is possible for people with relatives in Russia.

You're right, if he speaks too much against the war then Mr. P will probably locate his relatives in the flagless country and punish them

Luckily, no >20 mins climbs in Basque country. Good ride

Reactions: JosefK
I like him to be honest. He is a good guy in my opinion and he always wants to race just like all the younger guys. To be his nationality doesn’t matter, it is not something that he can help, and he was also relatively outspoken as far as that is possible for people with relatives in Russia.

He is my favourite GC rider with Pogacar, so no shame in that. He is probably a better successor to Menchov than Zakarin was.

It's a shame he is a bit limited in the high mountains, but he is one of the best in a mid mountain parcours like this. He is very consistent as well. It's a shame he came ill in Paris-Nice, he could have made the Top5 there as well.

Looking forward to see him in the Ardennes, he might do very well in those races.

He did a great job at the Ardennes. 3rd at FW and fell short by 1km to finish 2nd in Liege.

This goes on top of a wonderful and extremely consistent start of the year & spring campaign: 3rd at Mallorca Trophy, 1st at Volta a la Com. Valenciana, 4th UAE Tour, 2nd GP Indurain, 3rd Itzulia, 3rd FW.

His worst season results have been LBL, which we would all agree he was one of the five strongest riders, and Paris Nice, his only underwhelming result (nevertheless he would have finished Top10 without him being ill the last stages).

Looking forward to his summer (TDF) results. I expect him to suffer in the high mountains but I think cobbles will suit him. Somewhere between 5th and 7th should be within his reach.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS