• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Alexi Grewal

A

Anonymous

Grewal is certifiably nuts.

He's strong, always has been.

But he's certifiably nuts.

And I'm still ****ed at him over the Bauer incident.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
at 50 he must be thinking of 'clinic' like activities?

"VeloNews published an essay by Grewal on his personal use (and the overall prevalence) of doping in cycling[7] during his career, both in his amateur and professional days."

A

Anonymous

Grewal IS an unrepentant straight out cheat.

Always was.

Says a lot about Velonews that they think this story is worth printing.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
Grewal is a cheat, straight up. For his 13th step he needs to give the gold to bauer and apologize to him publicly.

Yea...that no-doze in the peach really is just as bad as being Dr Ferarri's only client.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
zealot66 said:
I was chastised on another thread for calling grewal's olympic win a blood doping case. What is the deal ?

Did Alexi Blood dope in 84? I thought it was only the track guys?

We need to move this to the Clinic.....Hard to have a thread about Alexi and not discuss his drug use, either recreational or performance.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Al and Rishi are two of the fastest mutants you have ever seen on a mountain bike. Watching the state of US racing where everything is 50 ft wide and ends up in curb to curb mayhem. Alexi is probably thinking what all kinds of great racers know..do a selection style race and you have a shot. Plus he gave me a Bula hat when I asked him for it. I should have kept a stash of Alpha Romeo, Crest, Coors,Spago, Herbalife, Schwinn, Levi's and Wheaties stuff and sold it like the 40 year old virgin did. If he does come back I hope some current pros quit out of shame

mastersracer

BANNED
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Did Alexi Blood dope in 84? I thought it was only the track guys?

We need to move this to the Clinic.....Hard to have a thread about Alexi and not discuss his drug use, either recreational or performance.

Grewal didn't. Besides, the amount transfused [one unit per rider] was too little to improve performance anyway.

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Having been only just in my teens when Alexi retired (although i DO remember his name was mentioned in American Flyers), i'd be interested to see a 50 year old run with boys half his age in a pro race. I kinda hope he does well, just because it would be another one of those awesome comeback stories that could be made into another "made for TV" movie.

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Indeed, if he wants to, why not. Actually though, the comeback I'd like to see him make is with his writing. Anyone recall the print columns he began writing for cycle sport a few years back? Heartfelt, opinionated and sometimes delightfully weird pieces that unfortunately probably ruffled a few too many feathers—they didn't last very long at all. (If he does any blogging, someone please tell me the link.)

TRENDING THREADS