• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

All round bike, what to get...

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

oh, final price.. £584 v paying £750 for this years model which is identical except they have forgotten to put the second brakes on, and its a bluey grey.. and £200 for the edge 605

was lucky enough to find one place that still had some 54's left..

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
i was checking the legal business over the reflectors first.. bikes over here are supplied with them and there is some law so i was checking...

turns out the law is

wheel reflectors can go...
front and rear lights are compulsory by law
pedal reflectors are compulsory by law (work that one out with spd's)
rear reflectors must be supplied and are law that you must have one (however, some recent law says that if youre lights flash you can dispense with your reflector, but not if your light is solid)..

weird weird laws...

the reflectors go tommoro..
the idiot disc goes when i can be bothered..

Yeah we have those laws too:mad:

Hell even some Cannondales where recalled because they didn't ship with the dork disks:eek:

A

Anonymous

TheDude said:
Nanny laws always give me a laugh.

Provide a ride report. Looks like a fun one. My first racing bike was an orange Gitane around 1975.

my peugot was only '88-89.. i was a late starter.. :D

A

Anonymous

i dont actually have an issue with dork discs, they dont do any harm, they weigh nothing...

yes, properly adjusted RD you shouldnt need a dork disc, but then again, things can happen.. having one doesnt hurt, not having one could one day be costly..

and if people are so superficial they judge your cycling ability on wether you have one or not, well, screw em.. i wouldnt race with one though.. ;)

TRENDING THREADS