• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Americans don't dope

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

sniper said:
Irondan said:
sniper said:
those documents look kind of real.
The Russians are good at creating fake documents apparently. :rolleyes:
it sure has the words 'jealous bitter russian losers' written all over it. :)
Yes, it does.

It would be a little more believable if another name from a country outside of the US like say, Usain Bolt or Mo Farrah. But they didn't, only Americans dope I guess. :rolleyes:

:D

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Those documents look real. Not sure why this does not get more play. If it was Lance Armstrong we would have the dirty dozen on here all over it the 12 ... only if it is one guy. Others not so much.

Re:

Glenn_Wilson said:
Those documents look real. Not sure why this does not get more play. If it was Lance Armstrong we would have the dirty dozen on here all over it the 12 ... only if it is one guy. Others not so much.
I searched all over the place to see how much traction these docs have generated. I can't say that I've seen any chatter outside of a couple fringe websites.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
"to tarnish the reputation of clean athletes", which, as the leaked docs show, arent clean.

Can only hope they have more and better evidence of real positives as opposed to TUEs. The TIEs will be easy to ignore.

sniper said:
"to tarnish the reputation of clean athletes", which, as the leaked docs show, arent clean.

Can only hope they have more and better evidence of real positives as opposed to TUEs. The TIEs will be easy to ignore.

I think the leak needs its own thread as its clear as Fancy Bears release more documents from WADA.

Is there a confirmation from mainstream media? The sites referenced above aren't exactly mainstream. Tass is Russian and could be very well just parroting what they're fed by fellow Russians and the Aussie site is obscure enough to not put much faith that they're not getting they're info from Tass... :confused:

I don't doubt any of those athletes dope, but I do doubt the legitimacy of those papers.

thehog said:
sniper said:

I think the leak needs its own thread as its clear as Fancy Bears release more documents from WADA.
I think we wait until we get a confirmation from a reliable source. Tass doesn't cut it.

Re:

Irondan said:
Is there a confirmation from mainstream media? The sites referenced above aren't exactly mainstream. Tass is Russian and could be very well just parroting what they're fed by fellow Russians and the Aussie site is obscure enough to not put much faith that they're not getting they're info from Tass... :confused:

I don't doubt any of those athletes dope, but I do doubt the legitimacy of those papers.

The Stepanova hack was confirmed some days ago on mainstream sites via the ADAMS system so they knew where she was. This is a follow on from that hack.

The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) confirms that Yuliya Stepanova’s password for WADA’s Anti-Doping Administration and Management System (ADAMS) was illegally obtained, which allowed a perpetrator to access her account on ADAMS. Ms. Stepanova was the key whistleblower for WADA’s Independent Pound Commission that exposed widespread doping in Russian athletics.

Through WADA’s regular security monitoring of ADAMS, the Agency noted that someone, other than Ms. Stepanova, had accessed her account. WADA immediately locked Ms. Stepanova’s account to prevent further access and notified her of the situation.

A subsequent investigation by WADA allowed the Agency to determine that no other athlete accounts on ADAMS have been accessed.

Earlier this week, WADA was made aware of an alleged hack of its website and to phishing scams. Regarding the latter, the Agency confirmed that some users had received illegitimate e-mails that look as though they come from WADA, which ask users to click on a link and enter their personal credentials. WADA quickly investigated and immediately sent an e-mail to all ADAMS users, including a warning banner on the ADAMS home page, alerting them to these e-mails, which WADA would never send, and asking them to advise ADAMS support immediately if they were to receive such an e-mail. To date, WADA has been made aware of the following illegitimate registrations, which we ask ADAMS users to watch out for: wada-awa.[org] and wada-arna.[org].

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/media/news/2016-08/wada-confirms-illegal-activity-on-yuliya-stepanovas-adams-account

thehog said:
Irondan said:

The Stepanova hack was confirmed some days ago on mainstream sites via the ADAMS system so they knew where she was. This is a follow on from that hack.

The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) confirms that Yuliya Stepanova’s password for WADA’s Anti-Doping Administration and Management System (ADAMS) was illegally obtained, which allowed a perpetrator to access her account on ADAMS. Ms. Stepanova was the key whistleblower for WADA’s Independent Pound Commission that exposed widespread doping in Russian athletics.

Through WADA’s regular security monitoring of ADAMS, the Agency noted that someone, other than Ms. Stepanova, had accessed her account. WADA immediately locked Ms. Stepanova’s account to prevent further access and notified her of the situation.

A subsequent investigation by WADA allowed the Agency to determine that no other athlete accounts on ADAMS have been accessed.

Earlier this week, WADA was made aware of an alleged hack of its website and to phishing scams. Regarding the latter, the Agency confirmed that some users had received illegitimate e-mails that look as though they come from WADA, which ask users to click on a link and enter their personal credentials. WADA quickly investigated and immediately sent an e-mail to all ADAMS users, including a warning banner on the ADAMS home page, alerting them to these e-mails, which WADA would never send, and asking them to advise ADAMS support immediately if they were to receive such an e-mail. To date, WADA has been made aware of the following illegitimate registrations, which we ask ADAMS users to watch out for: wada-awa.[org] and wada-arna.[org].

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/media/news/2016-08/wada-confirms-illegal-activity-on-yuliya-stepanovas-adams-account
Fancy bear was the group responsible for the Stepnova hack?

python said:
Irondan said:
Please post any comments about the Fancy Bear hack in the new thread.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=2023496#p2023496
this is a poorly conceived decision. the hack was about a potential doping by the american athletes. most posts contain and address both subjects - the hack itself and the doping by the americans. you are a little too active here dan, imo.
I disagree. I said that to keep from having parallel conversation, which makes reading threads difficult if the reader is not aware that some of the information they're looking for is in a different thread.

It's not as if I shut down the "Americans don't dope thread". People are permitted to post to the topic, but the topic of the "Fancy Bears Hack" has it's own thread now and members should post material pertaining to that topic in said thread.

It's the same logic as the "Froome Data" thread. If someone were to post material pertaining to the Chris Froome tests in the "Froome talk only" thread, it would get lost in all the static that's posted about CF on a daily basis, but posted in the "Data" thread the same information becomes a talking point that flows readily with the rest of the conversation.

I think we just have a difference of opinions. :)