• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Amnesty for Australian cyclists??

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
blackcat said:
they let Touretski and the swimmers go first time around. but cyclists make easy marks.

Yeah what's up with that? Is it because cycling is perceived as a prol sport, one for the lower classes and therefore the riders are kick aroundable?

Or is it because there are so many riding in a GT that catching one or two is so easy?

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Yeah what's up with that? Is it because cycling is perceived as a prol sport, one for the lower classes and therefore the riders are kick aroundable?

Or is it because there are so many riding in a GT that catching one or two is so easy?

I think the sheer size of the swimming success made Australian swimming untouchable. In a way similar to where British cycling is today.

And maybe the British public associates more strongly with a prol sport also :D

I still think the Aussie swim myth will break open one day. The times they are changing. Julia Gillard getting hammered in 2012 over a 1993 mortgage insurance document... Why should swimming, or cycling be immune...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Tinman said:
I think the sheer size of the swimming success made Australian swimming untouchable. In a way similar to where British cycling is today.

And maybe the British public associates more strongly with a prol sport also :D

I still think the Aussie swim myth will break open one day. The times they are changing. Julia Gillard getting hammered in 2012 over a 1993 mortgage insurance document... Why should swimming, or cycling be immune...
because you would have to take down Klim and Thorpe and Magnussen. And looking at that, I am assuming Hackett and Perkins too. Not a chance in hell.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
because you would have to take down Klim and Thorpe and Magnussen. And looking at that, I am assuming Hackett and Perkins too. Not a chance in hell.
and they competed on the same terms as others in the pool. Pragmatism and realism. Like Julian Savulescu says, let them eat cake

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
it was funny Thorpie defending the buckets as hands chinese medley swimmer. Like the cyclists, so much can be told with their words on their competitors.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Joe Papp on twitter:

Joe Papp @joepabike · 10h 10 hours ago

@its_cleanuptime @BigDirtyIan Hilton Clarke was a most free-spending (but security-conscious) #doping client. @RKilun

TRENDING THREADS