• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

And why is EPO Giunti 'admitting guilt' a non-shocker ?

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Nobody shocked except team manager

Androni Giocattoli rider Massimo Giunti is provisionally suspended todayby the UCI after testing positive for Recombinant EPO in a urine sample collected from him at an out-of-competition test on 23 February 2010,” it stated. . Giunti guilt' and is fired by Androni Diquigiovanni. Giunti previously raced with teams such as Fasso Bartolo and Miche Silver Cross.

So ladies and gents, let’s cue the fake outrage.
sorcererandapprenticePIC11588S-vi.jpg

Savio with Scarponi. Dirty and dirtier.

“It’s a bitter blow and I’m shocked but it’s strange too,” said team manager Gianni Savio.” Shocked and strange are two amusing and ironic words, coming from Mr. Savio. Riders on his teams have a long history of doping violations and suspensions.

Edited by mod

DAOTEC said:
Nobody shocked except team manager

Androni Giocattoli rider Massimo Giunti is provisionally suspended todayby the UCI after testing positive for Recombinant EPO in a urine sample collected from him at an out-of-competition test on 23 February 2010,” it stated. . Giunti guilt' and is fired by Androni Diquigiovanni. Giunti previously raced with teams such as Fasso Bartolo and Miche Silver Cross.

So ladies and gents, let’s cue the fake outrage.
sorcererandapprenticePIC11588S-vi.jpg

Savio with Scarponi. Dirty and dirtier.

“It’s a bitter blow and I’m shocked but it’s strange too,” said team manager Gianni Savio.” Shocked and strange are two amusing and ironic words, coming from Mr. Savio. Riders on his teams have a long history of doping violations and suspensions.

Edited by mod

Yeah, how many riders is it now.

Giunti
Rebellin
De Bonis
Axelsson

I know they didnt all get busted at his team but really.....

He also signed Simoni, Hondo, Scarponi who all had previous doping convictions so its like playing with fire. I am probably leaving out a few.

Then you read Savios column in ProCycling and he is so surprised and shocked by it all. Its just pure BS and an insult to fans.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Last year, it was Davide Rebellin who was nailed for using the blood booster CERA EPO. Before that it was Michele Scarponi, who confessed to doping in connection with the Operacion Puerto case.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Savio has said that the team will demand that Giunti pays one year’s salary as a fine. He doesn’t expect that the team’s invitation to the Giro d’Italia will be affected by the positive case.

Why not? A "one team positive and you're out" policy implemented by GT organizers might have some deterrent effect.

TRENDING THREADS