• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andreas Kloden's Final Bid For Another Coveted Top 10 Tour Finish, 'Official' Thread

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
poor klodi. i really wanted him to do well.

at this rate, levi is going to be the only gc contender, and if people keep dropping out at this rate, he still has a podium shot haha.

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
If it's just bruising, hopefully the rest day can do Klodi some good.

As far as other options for Radioshack, what about Popovych? How far is he down on GC?

A

Anonymous

Parrulo said:
well i think its time for RS to start sending paulinho up the road. he is by far their best bet for a stage

leipheimer and zubeldia should be enough to take care of kloden who's form after his crash is unknown

indeed.
bottle with the bottle duty would be too awsome for folks on this forum.lol

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Eric8-A said:
If it's just bruising, hopefully the rest day can do Klodi some good.

As far as other options for Radioshack, what about Popovych? How far is he down on GC?

i don't know his gc standing, but he was in several crashes, too, and i don't know what his form is. this has been such a brutal race for the shack.:(

http://www.livestrong.com/teamradioshack/news_kl-den-suffers-back-injury-stage-9/

Horrible news - though of course in this tour, many others have had worse happen to them.

Kloden seems to regularly find back luck in GT's. Crashes took him out of the '03 and '05 tours and out of contention for the '08 Vuelta. Then there was his tailbone injury in the '07 TDF. He fought on valiantly (until his team was kicked out) on that occasion. Hopefully he can show some similar fight in this edition (he's going to need a "suitcase of courage" as Paul would say!). If he makes it to stage 12, then I say that becomes an all or nothing stage. If he can't climb and loses at least a few minutes then it would be best to pull out and focus on the Vuelta. There'd be no point in continuing on, given that no Shack rider has a chance of a top 5 finish now apart from Andreas.

Thank goodness today is a rest day.

Cadel's perfect race continues. If Andy isn't in superhuman form then he really has a great chance to win.

Interview today with Bruyneel. "The question is how to recover from this fall. He especially has pain when climbing, luckily the next 2 days are pretty flat"

Like I said, same injury as Gesink, no power when climbing because power comes from the back, which is bruised.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
power when climbing because power comes from the back, which is bruised.

I think what you mean is the back is a foundation for the leg power to fire.

in other words you can't shoot a canon out of a canoe.

your post reads that the canoe is the canon.

*Memo reminder to mods. Please recall that you removed my avatar and threatened suspension for my avatar with someone flipping the bird.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
I've tried it before. He's right. You can't.

you are a sick man. and I m sure you tried more than once.

I, for the record, have the opposite problem, I shoot peas off and air craft carrier

I do not want to be negative and I am a huge Andreas Klöden fan BUT,

He does not deal well with injuries, whenever he falls, it always affects him big time, not only physically but also mentally. I think he will fare worse than Gesink and go down completely on one of the mountain stages.

I no longer hope for a top 5 placing in the GC, too bad, i really think he could have done it without this injury.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Interview today with Bruyneel. "The question is how to recover from this fall. He especially has pain when climbing, luckily the next 2 days are pretty flat"

Like I said, same injury as Gesink, no power when climbing because power comes from the back, which is bruised.

and kloden is just as skinny and muscleless so could be big problem

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
karma is a b/tch johan bruyneel, it's his sign to get his worthless a** out of cycling

can't wait for life of lance videos about this radioshack tour

TRENDING THREADS