• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andreas Kloden's Final Bid For Another Coveted Top 10 Tour Finish, 'Official' Thread

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
i don't think kloden would get GT leadership anymore at the shack

bryunnel seems to have a lot of faith in brajkovic and machado as their future GT guys.

so i think it will be good for him to change teams. also quick step needs some1 to get them some points at 1 week races and kloden can do that during the first half of the season

So is it certain that Klodi is going to Quick Step?

It seems like a strange move to me. For the years when he should have led teams he chose to ride for ones where he would be a super domestique - now, at 36, he decides that he wants to lead one???

But good luck to him next year, and also at this years Vuelta if he still rides it.

Parrulo said:
i don't think kloden would get GT leadership anymore at the shack

bryunnel seems to have a lot of faith in brajkovic and machado as their future GT guys.

so i think it will be good for him to change teams. also quick step needs some1 to get them some points at 1 week races and kloden can do that during the first half of the season

In 2-3 years Michał Kwiatkowski will crush them both for Shack leadership, unless Unzué's nabbed him back by then.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
In 2-3 years Michał Kwiatkowski will crush them both for Shack leadership, unless Unzué's nabbed him back by then.

kwiatkowski is a typical polish supertalent. already at physical peak age 15. lukasz bodnar, janiaczyk, he's next in line and you can already see it

Nikoloz said:
which colour is Vuelta a Espania's leaders jersey this year...???)))

I want to see it on Klodens shoulders after 1st stage...!!!

red again. and its a very good looking jersey this year

LA-VUELTA-LaRoja2011.jpg

RS is prolly the major favourite for the TTT. kloden, brajkovic, machado, oliveira, irazar and zubeldia is an amazing team for the TTT. mostly the first 4 guys.

a shame kloden and brajkovic may ruin machado's GC aspirations but tbh i don't think brajkovic will be in good shape by stage 4 so he will lose a lot of time there

Nikoloz said:
machado should be happy if he reaches top 20...)))

he's not contender for podium this time...

and kloden is?

when was his last GT podium? 2006? and he hasn't gotten any younger. . . .

from where i stand both machado's and kloden's podium chances are the same. none. btw machado was sick for most of the giro and still made it to the top 20 making top 10 in the final ITT. so he could be fighting for an higher end position of the top 10 at this years vuelta.

then again i am not really bothered with this at all. riding along side kloden will be good for machado because kloden is a very experience rider and could be a good mentor for machado.

If Hog said that Klöden could have made the podium this year then Klöden could have made the podium. ;)

If Klöden has recovered he deserves full support of the team. Machado OTOH still has a lot to learn and someone as experienced as Klöden is ideal for that.

Desperate Moments said:
Anybody who's ever experienced back pain feels for Kloedi. I winced while watching him struggling to get out of his jersey and into the car. Pretty courageous to carry on as long as he did.
Gesink even finished the Tour with similar back problems.
They couldn't even touch his back until the friday before Paris. It was too sensitive.

And then still people laying the smack on him for his non-performance

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Gesink even finished the Tour with similar back problems.
They couldn't even touch his back until the friday before Paris. It was too sensitive.

And then still people laying the smack on him for his non-performance

I was laying the smack on him for not leaving though :p

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
red again. and its a very good looking jersey this year

LA-VUELTA-LaRoja2011.jpg

RS is prolly the major favourite for the TTT. kloden, brajkovic, machado, oliveira, irazar and zubeldia is an amazing team for the TTT. mostly the first 4 guys.

a shame kloden and brajkovic may ruin machado's GC aspirations but tbh i don't think brajkovic will be in good shape by stage 4 so he will lose a lot of time there

vuelta jersey all of a sudden became my favorite one. The Maglia Rosa looked better in 2008 than it does now anyway.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
I blame the team.

At first he wanted to pull out but then they convinced him to stay and try in the Alps. And when Gesink believed that he made the mental switch to stay in and do exactly that (and ofcourse failing in the end).

So painfully stupid by rabobank, Gesink would have rocked the vuelta.

As for Klöden, lets hope hes fully recovered from his back problems, if he cannot complain about that he could do a decent GC.

roundabout said:
If Hog said that Klöden could have made the podium this year then Klöden could have made the podium. ;)

If Klöden has recovered he deserves full support of the team. Machado OTOH still has a lot to learn and someone as experienced as Klöden is ideal for that.

In hindsight perhaps it was a possibility for Klodi to have made the TDF podium - the times on the climbs were the slowest in decades, and an inform Kloden could have gone close to Cadel's time in the ITT...

I would suspect that at best he would have had at least one poorish day in the mountains, which would have left with a 'potential' 2nd-5th overall. Impossible to tell, though he was well placed before that horrible stage 9...

All his fans ask for now is some better luck at the Vuelta. Even if he can't climb well enough to podium, Andreas may be able to snatch the leaders jersey after the 1st or 10th stage.

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
gregrowlerson said:
Even if he can't climb well enough to podium, Andreas may be able to snatch the leaders jersey after the 1st or 10th stage.

He still CAN climb with the best GT-guys on good days, so let's hope he will have many of them. Unfortunately, I always had the impression that he lacks motivation when doing the Vuelta. We will see how his form will be after that horrible crash in France. He looked very, very strong up to this day. For the least, I hope he finally will get his stage win in a GT. The ITT would be a nice stage to take for him...

TRENDING THREADS