• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andrey Amador

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
First time he took my eye was in the 2012 Giro.

He got into a couple of breaks before eventually landing a stage win. He was super aggressive in that race. One of the few bright spots in a dull GT.

Delighted that he has the pink jersey. I think he will only last one day, though.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
The residence of the Costa Rica president.

Ci8RmzjUYAAl2g1.jpg

I think he would take this Giro over the one in 2015. He was attacking, close to winning a stage, had Maglia Rosa for one day, descending like a mad man, fighting, everything. He climbed better last year, Im pretty sure, but the competition wasn't as good and Hesjedal and Krujswijk had already burrowed their hopes. The question is what the rest of the season brings...

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
I think he would take this Giro over the one in 2015. He was attacking, close to winning a stage, had Maglia Rosa for one day, descending like a mad man, fighting, everything. He climbed better last year, Im pretty sure, but the competition wasn't as good and Hesjedal and Krujswijk had already burrowed their hopes. The question is what the rest of the season brings...
Anyone from the last year's podium would crush this giro. So amador 2015 would make top 3 in this giro

Re: Re:

portugal11 said:
Valv.Piti said:
Anyone from the last year's podium would crush this giro. So amador 2015 would make top 3 in this giro

Your logic is a little flawed. I'd like to think that, but Amador was also kinda mediocre in the mountains in 2015 - he was even more this year, probably partly due to him spending himself more compared to 2015, but was outclassed by Krujswijk and Hesjedal once it all began for realz.

The world is not as black/white as you sometimes make it out to be.

He is sneaking about for the third consecutive Giro now. He shows nothing in mountains the rest of the year but in the Giro he is quite like a bumblebee - he forgets that he is in fact not a very good climber and makes amazing performances. Obviously, he is playing second fiddle on Movistar but that was also the case last year, yet he ended up eighth. With such a stacked field I would initially have thought that top ten was out of the question (especially given a spring campaign where he has been largely invisible) but he sure seems to be going well and he is careful not to concede time. And if he is at his absolute peak, he can be an outsider for the time trial next week.