• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andy Schleck Discussion thread.

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

zamasailo said:
I hope today stop the "chain-gate" thing from coming up again.

good lord it gets annoying watching Bob Roll bring it up EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
good lord it gets annoying watching Bob Roll bring it up EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

Yep, I woke up this morning at the start of the coverage, and what did they have before the start? A FEATURETTE FILM ON CHAINGATE!! :mad:

jobiwan said:
Yep, I woke up this morning at the start of the coverage, and what did they have before the start? A FEATURETTE FILM ON CHAINGATE!! :mad:

Damn poor guy, can't imagine what I'd do without my good old Sporza coverage. Although the last few minutes weren't exactly to write home about either, you'd think Andy lost 5 minutes in every TT he rode (while he's never lost more then 2 minutes on any GC rider in any TT in the Tour).

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
jobiwan said:

seriously??? have they nothing else to talk about? Seems like I have no reason to be ****ed because I heard about chaingate like twice during this tour ;)

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
epicness-alien-vs-predator-master-chief-demotivational-poster-1283391559.jpg

epicness of this level. Congrats Andy, I won't be hating again, you rode like a real champion

I will add what I posted in another thread: (more or less)
With performances like this, Andy goes a long way to win me over :)

Now, if only the Schlecks stop whining, I'll have a hard time deciding who to support at next years TdF :D

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Great to see a rider throwing caution to the wind. Perhaps it will encourage more to try in the future.

If the days of the super domestiques being able to ride in formation over peak after peak are gone moves like this stand more of a chance.

Anyway a great stage win and one that I hope when all the information is available in years to come is still considered great.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Fantastic ride from Andy; the ride of a champion. I knew he had it in him but must admit a bit of doubt after stage 16. Chapeau, Andy. Chapeau! I also must mention the efforts of Cadel Evans to close the gap and Thomas Voeckler to continue his hold on the jersey. Their efforts embody the spirit of the Tour.

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I certainly hopes he will remember what this 'No guts, no glory' mentality brought him today and that he will keep riding like this. (Not just TdF but actually put in the effort in some other races too). Certainly shows what he can do if he really puts his mind to it.