• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
“I got into the group with Frank but when they attacked in the final kilometers, I lacked a bit of force as I had been riding a lot since the start of the climb. But okay, it is a good test for me and I am pretty happy.”

Happy to be dropped? Happy to lack force? Start worrying Andy.
This might turn out to be a strange Tour. :eek:

Andre

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Andre.J said:
“I got into the group with Frank but when they attacked in the final kilometers, I lacked a bit of force as I had been riding a lot since the start of the climb. But okay, it is a good test for me and I am pretty happy.”

Happy to be dropped? Happy to lack force? Start worrying Andy.
This might turn out to be a strange Tour. :eek:

Andre

I don't think results are as important to him as his form is. He is likely just riding to his level for Le Tour.

He look quite thin. Do we know his pre tour weight last year compared to this year?

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Boeing said:
I don't think results are as important to him as his form is. He is likely just riding to his level for Le Tour.

He look quite thin. Do we know his pre tour weight last year compared to this year?

Thin and thinner-er. Could be part of his problem.

jens_attacks said:
andy looked very strong but i don't think he will ever manage to improve his TT abilities,so no victory in le tour for now.
Of course it can be done. Look at Basso and Armstrong on their early careers and compare that to their peaks. Now we are getting into clinic stuff, but a lot of things that happen in the Riis team is clinic stuff anyway.;)

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Remember that the tour starts in 2 and ends in 5 weeks and the mountain stages starts in 3 weeks. Perhaps he is happy not to be in great shape to early.

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Mind Games ! I don't think I can remember a season where there has been so much smoke and mirrors and general mind games prior to the Tour.
Just enjoy what unfolds.

The Alps arrive at the end of the first week. If he's holding stuff back for the final week, it might be prudent to take some time (10-20-30 seconds) from him here. AC says its not hard (i.e., won't be decisive) but it will be exhaustive so fitness level will be key.

Andy is just doing the waiting game, hiding in the shadows & holding off until the Tour.... but will it work? he has put aside everything just to for the Tour,as well as Frank, so it's very deceiving what they're currently doing....
there is no clear glance of climbing improvement and neither the ITT skills..

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Willy_Voet said:
Both those brothers need to eat about 20 of my avatar.

They love burgers but aren't allowed to eat them very often. After the TdF they always hit the McDonald's in Paris.

The Hitch said:
Interesting.
Has Frank been lux tt champ?
and 37 mins, seems like quite a short tt. Maybe they did a lap around luxemburg.

Fränk was never the national ITT champion, many years he didn't even participate cause it didn't make much sense agains KK. The ITT was 26.6 kms long, two laps of 13.3 km. Total surface of Luxembourg: 2586 km2.

Here are the official results:

http://www.romers.nl/old/class/2010... - Elite contrat (M6) - Stage 1, Etape 1.html

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
heythorp said:
Andy just beat brother Frank by almost a minute in the Luxembourg tt.

1. Andy Schleck (Saxo Bank) 37:12
2. Frank Schleck (Saxo Bank) at 00:56
3. Christain Poos (Continental Team Differdange) at 1:43

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010...at-luxembourg-time-trial-championships_122930

out of only 4 competing riders the schlecks finally finished 1-2 in a tt.LOL!
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/time-trial-titles-around-the-world

btw,AS has nothing form to hide and no form to improve.he'll definitely miss the podium at this year's TDF!

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
just saw in sporza andy's tweet 20 mins ago:

Was out training with@schleckfrank hit a big bump in the road, went down pretty hard,lost quit lot of skin all over my body but I be okay

hope he is ok and can grow a thicker skin back :)

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
python said:
just saw in sporza andy's tweet 20 mins ago:

Was out training with@schleckfrank hit a big bump in the road, went down pretty hard,lost quit lot of skin all over my body but I be okay

hope he is ok and can grow a thicker skin back :)

it seems AS will have more reasons not to perform well next month

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
reyan12 said:
it seems AS will have more reasons not to perform well next month

it could be more than a convenient excuse if we are to believe an infamous italian doctor's wisdoms. he said even a minor injury lowers our body's performance by several percent due to the repair process stealing energy.

whatever..

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Cerberus said:
It doesn't look to bad, and he'll have a week to recover before the Tour start and well above a week before the real action starts. Minus any carnage that might or might not happen on stage 3.

No prob. A few scrapes. Look how well Keshetkin and Vinokurov moved in Le Tour after serious crashes. You might even say the crashes "enhanced" their performances.

TRENDING THREADS