• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Another one tomorrow!?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
samb01 said:
It would be a pleasant surprise if Menchov's doping was made official.

Actually that would anger me more, not for love of Menchov, but it would likely put Di Luca as Giro champ, and I think Di Luca is far more suspect in the doping realm than Menchov...

benpounder said:
Actually that would anger me more, not for love of Menchov, but it would likely put Di Luca as Giro champ, and I think Di Luca is far more suspect in the doping realm than Menchov...
Isn't that like saying a cabernet is far more liquid than a merlot?

They are successful at the highest levels of their sport. Ergo, they dope. It is that simple.

While it wouldn't surprise me if it's going to be Menchov, i'll be holding out the hope it isn't, since it would probably mean the end for Rabobank.

It would also be somewhat comical in the sense that Menchov has undergone 24 doping tests so far this year, and yet they weren't able to snuff any s---, that we know of at least. It would just go to show that in the anti-doping world it's still a case of the blind leading the blind.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
im scared!
please oh please don't let it be another rabo rider (if there even is another positiver being released) I highly doubt gesink has doped, menchov seems possible, but fingers crossed.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
If it is another Rabobank rider then it will be really bad news for the sport of cycling. Rabobank puts a lot of money into cycling at all levels of the sport, and if they pull out it will leave a big gaping hole.

titan_90 said:
If it is another Rabobank rider then it will be really bad news for the sport of cycling. Rabobank puts a lot of money into cycling at all levels of the sport, and if they pull out it will leave a big gaping hole.

It would be a devastating blow to Dutch cycling especially. They fund so much cycling at all levels in the Netherlands, including training of young Dutch talent.

My (probably way too optimistic) hope is that even if they pull the plug on the main team, they'd still be able to keep the Pro CT team. Probably not, but if Rabobank CT was truely able to keep Kohl off the dope for two years it would be sad to see them fall by the wayside was well.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
maybe the uci might release all the names a day before the tour like the operacion puerto scandal. if it's from rabobank then i think it might be denis menchov:(. I hope you guys are wrong that their is another one coming tomorrow. that would be devaststing. How would the dutch paper telegraaf know another case is coming. How did the dutch website know about dekker so early?

p.s can anyone tell me when the descision about boonen is being announced?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Dutch Telegraaf

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
im scared!
please oh please don't let it be another rabo rider (if there even is another positiver being released) I highly doubt gesink has doped, menchov seems possible, but fingers crossed.

Because i dislike tommy-loves-rabo i hope it's from rabobank.If their is somebody else who is going to be positive according to that paper tommorow where is the dutch paper getting this information from before everybody else knows?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I guess if Breukink is nervous and Mart Smeets hints at another Rabo rider, it's likely someone on the squad for the TdF. But then on the other hand, you'd be doing some damage control and anticipate it by removing him from the squad right?

Schoon schip maken, to come clean and clean out the pigsty... That would indicate someone from 'the past'.

Moerenhout rode with our good friend Landis, and is an old fox.
Freire, long time competitor on the 2007 squad.
Menchov, has been around for a while on the 2007 squad.
Garate was a QST cyclist.
Weening also a former member of the 2007 squad related to Human Plasma.

who o who is next...If it's someone from the current squad, and if it's menchov, I bet RAB will pull out from the TdF

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde, I agree, if it is Menchov, there will be one less team come saturday.
Though, I just keep thinking it isn't going to be someone that high up the tree.....:confused:

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
msjett said:
Bala Verde, I agree, if it is Menchov, there will be one less team come saturday.
Though, I just keep thinking it isn't going to be someone that high up the tree.....:confused:

That's what I am thinking, especially since he is on the team for this TdF... I can't fathom that RAB would not do anything to control the damage...

Gesink updated his message today around 23:55 Paris time, saying that they had checked in. So it 'appears' that the team is still intent on participating. I guess it's someone who is not in France.

Could it be weening, or Moerenhout? Is that why they left them at home?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
clydesdale said:
I lost my favorite baseball player for 50 games
How dare they ban Manny... he is the best player ever! And just think, now he has to return with all that nasty baggage about him being a doper.

If only he were a cyclist...

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
How would the dutch paper telegraaf know another case is coming. How did the dutch website know about dekker so early?

For reference, the Dekker positive was established June 20th, so these things are known way before they're announced.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
For reference, the Dekker positive was established June 20th, so these things are known way before they're announced.

The UCI press statement said they only received the test results back from the lab on the 30th June?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
What about Andy... how's he doing...Amazing LBL, rather poor TdS... ;)

I listened to the report from Mart again. He seems to be saying that RAB needs to be as transparent as possible, but I don't know if he is refering to RAB when he speaks of someone who will get busted tomorrow.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
What about Andy... how's he doing...Amazing LBL, rather poor TdS... ;)

I listened to the report from Mart again. He seems to be saying that RAB needs to be as transparent as possible, but I don't know if he is refering to RAB when he speaks of someone who will get busted tomorrow.

Andy's always like that. His window for being in top form is abnormally thin. He'll be in top form for the Tour, then a week later he'll be crap again. His brother is the exact opposite.

It's nothing to do with doping.

(I'm in no way saying he's innocent. I'm not stupid)

A

Anonymous

Jasper said:
Maybe they just officially retrospectively busted Rasmussen?

thats probably the best too hope for, and at least the ASO would be able to into the tour justified over him being chucked out...

Youve gotta love July

TRENDING THREADS