• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

any final thoughts before the "Circus" begins?

I think it's safe to say that Contador, Sastre and Evans will place high - probably within a minute of each other. Cancellara might win, but most don't consider him a GC threat. However, in my poll thread someone put him on the podium, and elsewhere someone said he had lost 20kg! If that's true he might be a GC threat after all.

So I'm most curious about how Lance will do.
1) Will Lance beat Levi in a TT the first time this year (not counting the one in CO a few weeks ago)? If he does, that will confirm that his form has improved considerably since the Giro.
2) Will Lance beat Sastre (which appears to be his goal)?
3) Will Lance beat Evans? If he does, he will definitely be going for #2 overall.
4) Will Lance beat Alberto? I see all of the above as possible, but not this one. But if he does pull this off, there will be some plan reshuffling at Astana hq.

Another wildcard is Menchov. Is he burned out from the Giro, or is he still strong? Tomorrow we will find out.

Ninety5rpm said:
So I'm most curious about how Lance will do.
1) Will Lance beat Levi in a TT the first time this year (not counting the one in CO a few weeks ago)? If he does, that will confirm that his form has improved considerably since the Giro.
2) Will Lance beat Sastre (which appears to be his goal)?
3) Will Lance beat Evans? If he does, he will definitely be going for #2 overall.
4) Will Lance beat Alberto? I see all of the above as possible, but not this one. But if he does pull this off, there will be some plan reshuffling at Astana hq.

Another wildcard is Menchov. Is he burned out from the Giro, or is he still strong? Tomorrow we will find out.

1) Yes. Leecheimer is a chump.
2) Yes. Sastre is a chump.
3) Yes. Evans is a chump.
4) 50/50. Contador is not a chump but may not be as good as his record says.

Dr. Ferrari has beenn consulted. The fix is in--or as much in as it can be for a thirty-seven year old.

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
1) Yes. Leecheimer is a chump.
2) Yes. Sastre is a chump.
3) Yes. Evans is a chump.
4) 50/50. Contador is not a chump but may not be as good as his record says.

Dr. Ferrari has beenn consulted. The fix is in--or as much in as it can be for a thirty-seven year old.

Subtle as ever. Dang its good to have you posting again. It has been a hard week of heavy lifting.

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
1. No. Levi will be doped circa 2007 ITT.
2. Too close to call. Lance is getting tipped as a contender, but it's just media hype. Sastre may be extra motivated and the rivalry could be somewhat interesting to follow.
3. Yes. Evans still sucks.
4. Only if JB sabotages Contadope.

klodifan said:
1. No. Levi will be doped circa 2007 ITT.
2. Too close to call. Lance is getting tipped as a contender, but it's just media hype. Sastre may be extra motivated and the rivalry could be somewhat interesting to follow.
3. Yes. Evans still sucks.
4. Only if JB sabotages Contadope.

Hey, klodifan. Is this you from CF??

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Yes, it's me. Hi Bro! :p

I went over to CF and that place is dead! I found this forum a couple weeks ago and just recenty registered. It's great to see familiar peeps..

I see TFF hasn't lost any of his, umm... tenacity...

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
...any final thoughts before the 'Circus' begins?

I presume you are talking about the forum right?

I think it will be a quiet start for a couple of days then after the 700th thread on LA, "hfer07', 'BroDeal' and 'Alpe D'Huez' launch some solid attacks leaving 'Ninety5rpm' isolated. He tries doing a deal with 'auscyclefan94' only to find he has switched nationality and has become 'kashkcyclefan94'.

Meanwhile 'Jackhammer111' has romped away and looks like he will be the first to le col de high moral ground when out of nowhere a repentant 'BYU123' having finally read the Death of Marco Pantani scorches by.

However BigBoat finally gets caught giving 50ml refills to 'susan' and we all get kicked off the forum...
Afterwards Thoughtforfood holds a press conference admitting that he is in fact Sheryl Crowe....

Dr. Maserati said:

I think it will be a quiet start for a couple of days then after the 700th thread on LA, "hfer07', 'BroDeal' and 'Alpe D'Huez' launch some solid attacks leaving 'Ninety5rpm' isolated. He tries doing a deal with 'auscyclefan94' only to find he has switched nationality and has become 'kashkcyclefan94'.

Meanwhile 'Jackhammer111' has romped away and looks like he will be the first to le col de high moral ground when out of nowhere a repentant 'BYU123' having finally read the Death of Marco Pantani scorches by.

However BigBoat finally gets caught giving 50ml refills to 'susan' and we all get kicked off the forum...
Afterwards Thoughtforfood holds a press conference admitting that he is in fact Sheryl Crowe....
There are some pretty funny folks on this forum. That's hilarious.

A

Anonymous

Dr. Maserati said:

No, I'm Ashley Olsen......

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
dr. Maserati said:
...any final thoughts before the 'circus' begins?

I think it will be a quiet start for a couple of days then after the 700th thread on la, "hfer07', 'brodeal' and 'alpe d'huez' launch some solid attacks leaving 'ninety5rpm' isolated. He tries doing a deal with 'auscyclefan94' only to find he has switched nationality and has become 'kashkcyclefan94'.

Meanwhile 'jackhammer111' has romped away and looks like he will be the first to le col de high moral ground when out of nowhere a repentant 'byu123' having finally read the death of marco pantani scorches by.

However bigboat finally gets caught giving 50ml refills to 'susan' and we all get kicked off the forum...
Afterwards thoughtforfood holds a press conference admitting that he is in fact sheryl crowe....

lol........

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Final thought: please don't let this one be as "exciting" as last year's (AKA everyone stands around looking at everyone else and not doing anything)

Dr. Maserati said:

your sincerity makes me weep............

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:

lol, funniest post this year by a mile

A

Anonymous

For me, it means one thing more than anything... First day today, by the time it comes to the last, we will be sat in paris, having our yearly one week holiday, sitting in the sun, drinking and chatting with old freinds, idling the afternoons away in pere lachaise, rooting through the shops in montematre, spending the evenings sat on the river bank drinking wine, playing cards before going to eat..

And everytime the commentators say "paris" its a little bit closer.. :D

PLus i also think this is going to be the best tour in years..

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:

Absolutely brilliant.

A

Anonymous

klodifan said:
Yes, it's me. Hi Bro! :p

I went over to CF and that place is dead! I found this forum a couple weeks ago and just recenty registered. It's great to see familiar peeps..

I see TFF hasn't lost any of his, umm... tenacity...

I see you haven't lost any of your, umm......well, mom always said if you couldn't say anything nice.....

A

Anonymous

is this the first ever tour de france with 3 reigning champions... ?

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:

LOL definitely post of the month, maybe post of the year.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
Final thought: please don't let this one be as "exciting" as last year's (AKA everyone stands around looking at everyone else and not doing anything)

Agree 100%.

NB: Great post, Dr. Maserati!

A

Anonymous

issoisso said:
No, it's a normal occurrence

:D as in, lance, alberto and sastre all last seen wearing yellow... :eek:

wish eurosport would hurry up and get to 2.30

TRENDING THREADS