• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

any recommendations for a seat bag?

A

Anonymous

I need a new seat bag for my road bike...picked up a few different ones and had to take them back...the problem is with leg rub. I had one I got in Belgie, a no name thing with no velcro or post strap that worked great...just a bag you could tie up tight. But after duct taping it together for the last 4 years it finally **** the bed. So I need a medium sized bag with no thigh rub. Anyone else out there gone thru this and found a good bag? thanks...

A

Anonymous

great...thanks for your ideas and will check out...hate ruining expensive shorts ect...but thanks for the responses!

A

Anonymous

Topeak makes the Wedge Pack that clips onto the rails of your seat only. I've had no issues with that one.

Prior to that I had the same problem with the velcro rubbing my inner thigh and eventually rubbing a whole in my shorts. So I took an extra length of velcro and placed it over the exposed velcro around the seat post and that did the trick.

Or if you have a Fizik seat they have clip on packs as well that clip onto the seat with no velcro. I'm looking into one of those right now.

Good luck!

Apr 3, 2009
Visit site
I've one of the Fizik Integrated Clip System bags and love it. However there is one thing they don't tell you that you have to find out for yourself. First the bags come in two sizes, the first is too small to fit anything other than a tube and the second is big enough to fit two tubes, two co2 cartridgess and a tire wrench BUT if do put that much in you'll eventually break one of the bolts that fixes it to the clip. I googled this and found that it has happened to a lot of folks. Otherwise the ICS system is great.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
cawright1375 said:
I've one of the Fizik Integrated Clip System bags and love it. However there is one thing they don't tell you that you have to find out for yourself. First the bags come in two sizes, the first is too small to fit anything other than a tube and the second is big enough to fit two tubes, two co2 cartridgess and a tire wrench BUT if do put that much in you'll eventually break one of the bolts that fixes it to the clip. I googled this and found that it has happened to a lot of folks. Otherwise the ICS system is great.

i was tempted to get the fizik integrated saddle bag but not after that. thanks.

my other concern was - what if i changed saddles? wouldn't want to change saddle bags just because i got a new saddle. that would be a pain in the @ss - excuse the pun

TRENDING THREADS