• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Anybody believe Lance is clean?

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Anybody? It seems like everybody thinks he doped. This is for past and present day. Also throw in the US Postal claims that Floyd has made. Was the team clean?

BroDeal said:
Isn't that like asking people to admit that they are not just stupid but really freakin' stupid?

I actually really do feel sorry for this new generation of wet behind the ears Cat 5 / club rider noobs. It's a pretty crappy time to be getting into cycling when you can't even believe in miracles for your first couple of years of riding!

"It's okay honey, yes all the pros are on drugs, the star of the sport is the biggest fraud in history yeah, but I'm pretty sure that it's a clean and healthy hobby for amateurs, I think? Now is it okay if I buy a $5K Madone?"

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
It seems that by what you said, everybody at once doped when they first started out as amateurs and juniors considering the fact that doping has been a part of cycling since forever. When you see that Eddy Merckx, Sean Kelly etc are doping, you do it. Monkey see monkey do no?

I dont know what you mean by miracles, I dont look up to Lance Armstrong.

And don't patronize me, it's not like I go and slit my wrists everytime I find out someone tested positive for doping.

Now everybody be nice!

@Eric8 - it might be worth reading some of the prior threads in the Clinic. I think you will find a lot of really useful information... and that might spark some questions that haven't been asked before.

But please don't be put off asking or posting because some of us have been over this a few times before :)

ianfra

BANNED
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Lance's reaction to close questioning says it all. The guy may have cheated throughout his career - the difference between him and other riders is that he had better advisors and was able to conceal more than most. I really hope he gets nailed bloody hard. He does not come across as a nice person and I don't really like guys like that being part of my sport. He has always been rude, excessively so, to anyone who has queried his pitch and he's done it again in Australia. Go home Lance. Time to quit and admit.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
brianf7 said:
No evidence of doping .YET!!!!! time will tell. and Lance or anyone else will not admitt anything .

positive tests from 99 TdF containing epo?

dodgy backdated TUE from 99 TdF for steroids

Numbers of T/E being over the 6-1 ratio threshold for steroid doping

Bribing UCI

Blood passport anomalies from 2009 TdF

Link to Dr Ferarri

Landis allegations

Andreu Allegations

Stephen Swart Allegations

Threatening anti doping riders, Simeoni and Bassons

Being anti anti-doping Journalists.

Trying to destroy Greg Lemond.

etc

etc

etc....

Yep i suppose there no evidence:rolleyes:

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
brianf7 said:
No evidence of doping .YET!!!!! time will tell. and Lance or anyone else will not admitt anything .

That's what my folks think. They didn't believe there were many allegations against armstrong and that it would be front page news if someone alledged armstrong to be a doper. I gave up after that trying to convince them otherwise.

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Its mainly the newbies who think that Lance is clean ...

Didnt realise that I have only had 3 posts here! Well not me, I believe Lance to be guilty. Winning 7 TDF in a field full of dopers ... does anyone also think that he rides a white horse, wears shinning armour, plants trees to combat global warming, and drives a Prius?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
noomster said:

Didnt realise that I have only had 3 posts here! Well not me, I believe Lance to be guilty. Winning 7 TDF in a field full of dopers ... does anyone also think that he rides a white horse, wears shinning armour, plants trees to combat global warming, and drives a Prius?

what has been so fascinating is how a decade ago only a small minority refused to believe - and we were shunned as "bitter" and "jealous"

10 yars later and the only people saying he is innocent are Lance and people he pays to represent him, and a small hardcore of deluded kool aid drinkers whose need to believe in something miraculous outweighs their rationality. Sadly, many of these peoples lives have been touched by cancer - but it is not an excuse for stupidity, and not a reason to let Lance get away with it.

Oh, And dipsh*ts who fall for the alpha male "how do you like dem apples" thing due to unresolved issues with their self esteem and masculine identity.

May 22, 2009
Visit site
rolfrae said:
Are you Bradley Wiggins? ;)
Nah, just not willing to condemn people on the basis of posts by deluded 50 year olds sitting behing their computer thinking they know everything about cycling with a picture of Victoria Pendleton as their desktop.

See what I did there?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
SC1990 said:
Nah, just not willing to condemn people on the basis of posts by deluded 50 year olds sitting behing their computer thinking they know everything about cycling with a picture of Victoria Pendleton as their desktop.

i'm not 50 and i dont have pendelton as my desktop and i prefer to sit in front my mac.

sorry to disappoint;)

Mar 10, 2009
www.rolfraehansen.com
noomster said:

Brad Wiggins thinks that.

Mar 10, 2009
www.rolfraehansen.com
SC1990 said:

See what I did there?

Nope, don't see.

TRENDING THREADS