Anyone ever seen Contador's blood values?

Apr 11, 2009
2,250
0
0
There's huge controversy over Lance's values from last year, maybe Wiggo's, and now Basso's--but on the clean side. Has the progression of Bertie's values over a GT ever been seen? Is he an exception?

No Lance discussion, please, folks :D (I've seen it and don't disagree with the consensus).
 
Aug 6, 2009
1,901
1
0
Parrot23 said:
There's huge controversy over Lance's values from last year, maybe Wiggo's, and now Basso's--but on the clean side. Has the progression of Bertie's values over a GT ever been seen? Is he an exception?

No Lance discussion, please, folks :D (I've seen it and don't disagree with the consensus).

They haven't been published.
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
0
0
Parrot23 said:
There's huge controversy over Lance's values from last year, maybe Wiggo's, and now Basso's--but on the clean side. Has the progression of Bertie's values over a GT ever been seen? Is he an exception?

No Lance discussion, please, folks :D (I've seen it and don't disagree with the consensus).

The UCI has said his values are spotless. A team that reviewed his numbers during contract talks said the same thing. I do not think think that this is proof he is clean, just that the biopassport is weak
 
Sep 25, 2009
7,527
1
0
tbh, i sure would be interested to see the values but i credit berto for not publishing them…because at least he’s not using them to achieve this cheap pr stunt like texas, wiggins, and multiple others.

and even if he did publish it, everyone will use the values to buttress their own preconceived opinions whichever way they fell.

if berto is using an advanced programme (which is entirely possible) at least it’s smart on his part not to play with public ignorance.
 
Race Radio said:
The UCI has said his values are spotless. A team that reviewed his numbers during contract talks said the same thing. I do not think think that this is proof he is clean, just that the biopassport is weak
Kohl's numbers were spotless when he signed for Lotto. It appears that as long as your numbers don't fluctuate too ridiculously, i.e. you maintain the same program all year and don't get into situations where you have to be tested daily (such as leading a Grand Tour, por ejemplo) then the system can be foxed.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Then DB for sky said one day that he had seen Contadors bio passport figures. And the next day gave a very strong NO we have no intrest in signing AC.
A lot was read into that at the time.
 
Aug 11, 2009
729
0
0
"Anyone ever seen Contador's blood values?".

Yes. Manolo Saiz and Eufemiano Fuentes at Liberty Seguros.
 
TeamSkyFans said:
Then DB for sky said one day that he had seen Contadors bio passport figures. And the next day gave a very strong NO we have no intrest in signing AC.
A lot was read into that at the time.

Probably incorrectly. I think it had more to do with their pursuit of Wiggans more than anything. Especially if part of the deal, at one time, involved paying out sufficient cash for Garmin to hire AC/payoff Astana. Of course that story could be just an internet rumor as well.

In any event, I don't know that I would put too much on DB's strong no unless he said more. It's not like Sky is Bike Pure.
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
TeamSkyFans said:
Now that explains a lot..

As has been pointed out I never believed it was Contador's blood values as Brailsford told Cyclingweekly back in October.

"There was a brief exchange of emails back in the early spring with Fran [Contador's brother and representative], but we never met and there was never any follow-up, so there's nothing in the reports of any real substance."

Would love to see AC's blood values - but it will never happen.
 
python said:
tbh, i sure would be interested to see the values but i credit berto for not publishing them…because at least he’s not using them to achieve this cheap pr stunt like texas, wiggins, and multiple others.

I agree - much prefer the old fashioned no comment Omerta enforcement rather than active denial.

Both make you look like a doper, but at least he's not trying to pull the wool over the public.
 
Parrot23 said:
There's huge controversy over Lance's values from last year, maybe Wiggo's, and now Basso's--but on the clean side. Has the progression of Bertie's values over a GT ever been seen? Is he an exception?

...
Jonathan Vaughters has seen them. He wanted to hire him after that. Make of that what you will.;)

Jonathan is smart person. He can be checking other key riders numbers as a learning experience also. Just a thought.
 
python said:
tbh, i sure would be interested to see the values but i credit berto for not publishing them…because at least he’s not using them to achieve this cheap pr stunt like texas, wiggins, and multiple others.

and even if he did publish it, everyone will use the values to buttress their own preconceived opinions whichever way they fell.

if berto is using an advanced programme (which is entirely possible) at least it’s smart on his part not to play with public ignorance.

a 100% agreed. Numbers mean nothing nowadays since virtually anything can be fixed/regulated/controlled to appear normal.
AC is smart like his compatriot Indurain, whose attitude towards those numbers/values was very reserved & kept them private as much as possible, to avoid any possible controversy.
 
Jul 7, 2009
311
0
0
hfer07 said:
a 100% agreed. Numbers mean nothing nowadays since virtually anything can be fixed/regulated/controlled to appear normal.
AC is smart like his compatriot Indurain, whose attitude towards those numbers/values was very reserved & kept them private as much as possible, to avoid any possible controversy.

nothing like doping in silence..........still same end result:rolleyes:
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Wheels Go Round and Round said:
nothing like doping in silence..........still same end result:rolleyes:

I agree. To me, the lack of blood values hides nothing. Watching him at the top of the climb in the final TT of last year's Tour told me everything I needed to know. He wasn't even breathing hard. Everyone else was at that point. In fact, a certain rider who cannot be named looked like he was about to die at that point. Contador. Fresh as a daisy.
 
Jun 30, 2009
367
0
0
in the name of true transparency, lance should call in some favors with radioshack, mount a webcam on his helmet, and broadcast it online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. i'm sure the good people at astana could manage something similar. what happens on commercial breaks is anyone's business.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
I have said before, I don't begrudge the doping. It is the damage done to hide the lie that bothers me. Contador does keep his mouth shut, and does not go after people who profess anti-doping attitudes or attack him. In fact, his class in handling people comes through time and again. There have been accusations of diva behavior, but never anything that proves it.

The fact is that to ride in Europe in the top races, you have to dope. You either do that, or you finish as pack fodder or worse. Eventually, you will not have a job because results are the most important thing. It is a Faustian bargain, but we all face those, and I challenge you to find me someone who hasn't chosen the wrong side of it in their lifetime. It is when those who chose to dope try to destroy the lives of others to cover their behavior that the line is crossed for me. If we could find a way to stop cheating, I would be all for it. I have not seen that mechanism yet.
 
Jul 7, 2009
311
0
0
Thoughtforfood said:
I have said before, I don't begrudge the doping. It is the damage done to hide the lie that bothers me. Contador does keep his mouth shut, and does not go after people who profess anti-doping attitudes or attack him. In fact, his class in handling people comes through time and again. There have been accusations of diva behavior, but never anything that proves it.

The fact is that to ride in Europe in the top races, you have to dope. You either do that, or you finish as pack fodder or worse. Eventually, you will not have a job because results are the most important thing. It is a Faustian bargain, but we all face those, and I challenge you to find me someone who hasn't chosen the wrong side of it in their lifetime. It is when those who chose to dope try to destroy the lives of others to cover their behavior that the line is crossed for me. If we could find a way to stop cheating, I would be all for it. I have not seen that mechanism yet.

while I can agree with some of what you said, you also have to take into account that the guys who were caught are NOW the ones spilling the beans. They sure weren't doing it when THEY were profiting from it.....

THAT.....................is where the rub is with me..................


it's like if I can't **** in my sandbox.............. you can't either attitude is the problem
 
Jun 30, 2009
367
0
0
Thoughtforfood said:
I have said before, I don't begrudge the doping. It is the damage done to hide the lie that bothers me. Contador does keep his mouth shut, and does not go after people who profess anti-doping attitudes or attack him. In fact, his class in handling people comes through time and again. There have been accusations of diva behavior, but never anything that proves it.

The fact is that to ride in Europe in the top races, you have to dope. You either do that, or you finish as pack fodder or worse. Eventually, you will not have a job because results are the most important thing. It is a Faustian bargain, but we all face those, and I challenge you to find me someone who hasn't chosen the wrong side of it in their lifetime. It is when those who chose to dope try to destroy the lives of others to cover their behavior that the line is crossed for me. If we could find a way to stop cheating, I would be all for it. I have not seen that mechanism yet.

+1
good post.