• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team. Thanks!

Anyone ever seen Contador's blood values?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 4, 2009
60
0
0
Visit site
Hillavoider said:
i would luv to have seen contadors blood levels in the 2007 tour when he and chicken were spinting up mountains together without even breathing hard. that tour was the funniest i have ever seen. an even bigger joke then all the others.

I had to watch it on youtube after you mentioned it. That is the most entertaining race ever! There is no way Contador can be anything but charged to the gills during that battle. I cannot help but wonder if not having the Hog's Home Brew may in-fact make Contador look human.
 
Jun 17, 2009
22
0
0
Visit site
Hillavoider said:
i would luv to have seen contadors blood levels in the 2007 tour when he and chicken were spinting up mountains together without even breathing hard. that tour was the funniest i have ever seen. an even bigger joke then all the others.

Firstly, the word is "than" not "then". Secondly, you must be new to cycling, back when Virenque was around, say 1998, he and a few others would charge up whole mountains out of the saddle like freakin' maniacs. Thirdly, that is all.
 
Jun 17, 2009
22
0
0
Visit site
mightymac12 said:
I had to watch it on youtube after you mentioned it. That is the most entertaining race ever! There is no way Contador can be anything but charged to the gills during that battle. I cannot help but wonder if not having the Hog's Home Brew may in-fact make Contador look human.

link please?
 
Apr 11, 2009
2,250
0
0
Visit site
mightymac12 said:

Thanks.

Ouch. It's insane. Alberto trying to drop Rasmussen, the chicken soup guy, reminds of di Luca trying to drop Menchov at the Giro last year, except much stronger.

"Sprinting" uphill is the right word. Looks like he was an even better climber then, but could be wrong.

Still hope he wins, but said with a somewhat jaundiced eye :D

*Think I'm going for a recovery break after watching that.
 
Jan 30, 2010
166
0
0
Visit site
Contador doesn't show his results because remember as he likes to tell us every five minutes 'my greatest asset is my recovery'

Nah i'm just playing, i like Contador, but he's a doper, and being a doper makes you a liar.

I agree with others that there's a difference between doping and lying versus doping, lying and aggressive pursuit of your doubters. But to be honest, I think that Contador and Armstrong are no different in the way the decieve the public. As I said, being a doper makes you a liar.

I'm torn on the doping issue. One part of my says "This is my body, and I can do whatever I want to it" ;), but the other part of me says it's cheating :(

I'm torn because I believe people have a right to ingest whatever substance they choose to and that banning products doesn't solve the issue, it merely takes it out of the public eye (ie. i don't know where you guys live, but in Melbourne, I can get any 'recreational' drug I want, anytime I want - bans don't work)

I've often offered 'solutions' to attack doping in these threads, but sometimes I think us fans are fighting a losing battle, which as has been discussed over many threads, after 1998 it was "a new era", after 2006 it was "a new era", and after the old hands leave the sport in a puff of smoke caused by Landis, it will be "a new era"...

A new era that mirrors the era of: since there was sport, there was doping.
 
TreeFiddy said:
Firstly, the word is "than" not "then". Secondly, you must be new to cycling, back when Virenque was around, say 1998, he and a few others would charge up whole mountains out of the saddle like freakin' maniacs. Thirdly, that is all.
I remember the Courchevel stage in the 1997 TdF. Some 150 kilometres, three big climbs one after another. The whole thing was a sprint by them Festina dudes, and of course Virenque won.

One hell of an entertaining stage though.
 

TRENDING THREADS