• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Anyone tried Huel?

sward

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 3, 2019
Visit site
I've been on Huel for a few months and while I'm excited to be getting some good nutrition, I constantly feel tired at the end of the day. Does anyone here who does about an hour of biking use it? I want to start training up for summer but I'm worried I'll crash and burn on 3 bottles of it a day. :(

sward

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 3, 2019
Visit site
So I'm trying to stick to two huel a day, with the last one being at about six?

It's just a good way for me to control my calories. The bottles save meal prep time and it's super convenient. If I don't work out/cycle I can do it, but if I add a workout in, it just drains me without a big evening meal!

Reactions: jmdirt

It's just a good way for me to control my calories. The bottles save meal prep time and it's super convenient. If I don't work out/cycle I can do it, but if I add a workout in, it just drains me without a big evening meal!
Maybe on workout/ride days add a light snack (apple, banana) an hour before your workout.

I think you've identified the issue. Even when controlling calories we need to recognise that exercise requires fuel. It doesn't have to be a lot, but you need some extra fuel in there or you're going to crash. If this is also about weight loss that adds another complication in, but I would do what @jmdirt is suggesting first and see how you go.

BerM

BANNED
Mar 5, 2023
Visit site
I read many such stories about Huel. How much Huel are you using? I’m sensitive to carb comas, so maybe try reducing the amount of Huel in a single sitting and/or increase the protein content, such as using soy milk instead of almond milk.

TRENDING THREADS