• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

April 29th, Tour de Romandie - Stage 3: Thierrens - Neuchatel, 165.7 km

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mellow Velo said:
Well, maybe he can. Much depends upon which Vino turns up tomorrow, I guess.
Not sure what it says about a race, when we are talking about the guy currently in 21st place, winning the overall.

It says that it's yet another race where TTing is the most important discipline.

We can complain about GTs not having decisive TTs, but these smaller races are more than making up for it.

We are heading into May and in the biggest races we have only seen one """tough""" MTF, pity the rest of Catalunya was a joke.

8 days to go.

sublimit said:
A sad and lonely man I think

Some of its funny but can get on ones nerves after a while.

You might want to take a look at this thread

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=2824

Some rules that can be found there

-Blatant lying, baiting, or teasing other members will not be tolerated.

-No insulting other members

And while i am no doubt falling for your bait when I say this, take note that my contribution came at the end of the discussion, and took up 1 post, so I dont see how I can be responsible for the whole discussion.

Oh and if it gets on your nerves so much why dont you block me. I remember you posted a very passionate essay in the "how to use ignore feature" thread (ironically taking that thread way off topic, which you claim to despise), explaining that you were going to block me.

Its a shame that post was as full of **** as the rest of your contributions.

ps to those who might say that my post is in and of itself an insult, when a poster promises finally to stop insuting me randomly in various threads, and then continues to do it, I feel entitled to feel aggrieved.

Ferminal said:
It says that it's yet another race where TTing is the most important discipline.

We can complain about GTs not having decisive TTs, but these smaller races are more than making up for it.

We are heading into May and in the biggest races we have only seen one """tough""" MTF, pity the rest of Catalunya was a joke.

8 days to go.
There also was a tough MTF in Pais Vasco, but that race lacked a Contador who could really make the difference.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
You might want to take a look at this thread

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=2824

Some rules that can be found there

-Blatant lying, baiting, or teasing other members will not be tolerated.

-No insulting other members

And while i am no doubt falling for your bait when I say this, take note that my contribution came at the end of the discussion, and took up 1 post, so I dont see how I can be responsible for the whole discussion.

Oh and if it gets on your nerves so much why dont you block me. I remember you posted a very passionate essay in the "how to use ignore feature" thread (ironically taking that thread way off topic, which you claim to despise), explaining that you were going to block me.

Its a shame that post was as full of **** as the rest of your contributions.

Lol yeah, you utter ****

should of been strangled at birth you piece of scum

I blocked you but all the threads were ruined because all of your useless rubbish throws everything. that guy that on was earlier was right but his post was deleted.. you are scum and you know it.

It's all setup for tomorrow.
Podium?

1 Pavel Brutt (Rus) Katusha Team 12:31:34
2 Alexandre Vinokourov (Kaz) Pro Team Astana 0:00:32
3 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre - ISD 0:00:38
4 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 0:00:42
6 Steve Morabito (Swi) BMC Racing Team 0:00:50
7 Beñat Intxausti El (Spa) Movistar Team
17 Janez Brajkovic (Slo) Team RadioShack 0:00:58
19 Denis Menchov (Rus) Geox-TMC
21 Tony Martin (Ger) HTC-Highroad 0:01:18
22 David Millar (GBr) Team Garmin-Cervelo 0:01:20

Evans
Vino
Menchov/Martin
Then probably Intxausti + Brajkovic.

Menchov should be coming into top form, so I think that'd be close between him and Martin.

Sucks that another stage race is being decided by a TT. You'd have thought they'd be able to find some mountains in Switzerland.

This was excellent. I have some extra appreciation for Martin. He could have just sat in the peleton and played his hand for the TT tomorrow, but instead he decided he want to get a stage win. I love it when guys race because they want to win, instead of not losing.

Of course, I love Vino winning. Looking from an aerial view, the sprint was not nearly as bad as the ground view showed. Cherel showed be more ****ed about how he botched that finale.

What I found interesting is these comments I found from Sean Yates about Wiggins and Swift 4th place finish. Appears the Wiggins being the face of Sky maybe in doubt.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011...our-de-romandie-pavel-brutt-keeps-lead_170413

But where were Swift’s Sky teammates when he needed them most? The 23-year-old British rider, who’s developing into a new-generation Freire who can get over hills and contest a sprint, has already taken three wins this season and looked headed for another one. His team’s coming up short didn’t please Sky sports director Sean Yates.

“It was extremely disappointing,” Yates told VeloNews. “Ben obviously had the legs. He won that sprint ahead of the three-time world champ (Freire). But Ben was alone. We had the firepower there, in Bradley (Wiggins), to close that gap down. But there was no commitment from Bradley to help Swifty.

“Rabo had no one else; they’d been chasing all day. And, yes, BMC had someone there for GC, but they didn’t have a sprinter, and the real commitment is obviously for the stage win.

“Rabobank was committed but they’d been on the front for 150K. We’d been on the front with Morris (Possoni) for 20K; he did his bit. I wasn’t expecting (climbers) Chris Froome or Dario (Cioni) to close down gaps or put Swifty in the right place. G (Geraint Thomas), who would normally do that job, was dropped with Michael Barry, so the only guy left was Brad.

“I’m disappointed in the situation (with Wiggins) but it’s nothing new, and without being too derogatory, it’s just frustrating basically. It’s not every day that an opportunity like that comes along. And except for Oscar Freire there was no other sprinter there.”

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Wiggo just doesn't seem to give a **** this year. If he was any other rider he'd probably be running the risk of losing his spot on the Tour team.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
Wiggo just doesn't seem to give a **** this year. If he was any other rider he'd probably be running the risk of losing his spot on the Tour team.

I'd not take him to the tour. I'd take uran as leader and swift as sprinter

Jamsque said:

He came 3rd in PN. That is a very good result, even if the course was a bit crap

Also this is a guy who strongly believes that the Tour is absolutely everything

On a team with a guy Henderson, who is on record saying Paris Nice is bigger than il Giro and la Vuelta.

Well see at the tdf how good he is.

Don't want to break up the Tony vs Vino lovefest but I don't think Pinotti can be counted out. Here's a similar-length time trial from Pais Vasco.

Stage 6 results
1 Tony Martin (HTC) 32:15
2 Andreas Kloden (RadioShack) + 0:05
3 Marco Pinotti (HTC) + 0:24
4 Jacob Fuglsang (Leopard-Trek) + 0:29
5 Andrew Talansky (Garmin-Cervélo) + 0:42
6 Maxime Monfort (Leopard-Trek) + 0:48
7 Robert Gesink (Rabobank) + 0:53
8 Richie Porte (Saxo Bank)
9 Chris Horner (RadioShack) + 0:55
10 Vasil Kiryienka (Movistar) + 1:00
11 Beñat Intxausti (Movistar) + 1:03
12 Xavier Tondo (Movistar) + 1:06
13 Samuel Sánchez (Euskaltel-Euskadi) + 1:17
14 Tejay Van Garderen (HTC) + 1:19
15 Alexander Vinokourov (Astana) + 1:30

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
He came 3rd in PN. That is a very good result, even if the course was a bit crap

Also this is a guy who strongly believes that the Tour is absolutely everything

On a team with a guy Henderson, who is on record saying Paris Nice is bigger than il Giro and la Vuelta.

Well see at the tdf how good he is.

3rd in P-N was great, but he has looked pretty much hopeless since then. There really was no excuse for him to not help Swifty today, he is nowhere on GC. If he carries on like this then the rest of the team won't WANT to help him in the Tour, even if he has the form to contend (which I doubt).

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
oh people defending me from bully boomcie

*blushes* :p

anyway well at least this time we go onto the ITT without having a clear favourite and compared to P-N and Pais Vasco thats a better thing

I'm not a bully. Where did I deserve that title? I don't like it! :)

It is quite lame though to come home and see your post removed as well as everything that came behind it.

I'm quite surprised to read that about Wiggins all of sudden. Things must have gone rather badly if his DS's feel the need to go public about it. It's not even ambiguous statements, hell, he went out of his way to point out this isn't the first time; those comments are very damning.

TRENDING THREADS