• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Arctic Race of Norway 2022 (August 11-14)

The "northernmost pro bike race" will take place entirely below the Arctic Circle for the first time. Perhaps not the best timing given the new trophy celebrating racing above the Arctic Circle, but to be fair it gets pretty close.

32pYUhUQ_o.jpg

ZgsyLddS_o.jpg

Thursday 11th August, stage 1: Mo I Rana > Mo I Rana, 186,8 km - Flat

f4SxvVjO_o.jpg

Friday 12th August, stage 2: Mosjøen > Brønnøysund, 154,3 km - Flat

LKTnmeqF_o.jpg

Saturday 13th August, stage 3: Namsos > Skallstuggu summit (Levanger), 177,7 km - Hilly

BZFChQDM_o.jpg

Sunday 14th August, stage 4: Trondheim > Trondheim, 159,1 km - Hilly

2pj3cfCV_o.jpg

Defending champion Ben Hermans isn't in the field this year, although Israel-Premier Tech are sending their two recent stage winners on the Tour de France, Hugo Houle and Simon Clarke. BikeExchange-Jayco are appearing for the first time, with Dylan Groenewegen, and other new teams include China Glory Continental Cycling and Trinity Racing.

Australia
Team BikeExchange-Jayco : Groenewegen (Ned), Jansen (Nor), Schultz (Aus)

Belgium
Alpecin-Deceuninck : Gogl (Aut), Sbaragli (Ita)
Bingoal Pauwels Sauces WB : Livyns (Bel), L. Wirtgen (Lux)
Intermarché-Wanty-Gobert Matériaux : Bystrom (Nor), Hermans (Bel), Van der Hoorn (Ned)
Sport Vlaanderen-Baloise : Marit, Reynders (Bel)

China
China Glory Continental Cycling Team: Bennett (USA), Lyu (Chn)

France
B&B Hotels-KTM : Mozzato (Ita), Koretzky (Fra)
Cofidis : Lafay, Pérez (Fra)
Team Arkea-Samsic : Vauquelin (Fra), Verre (Ita)
TotalEnergies : Boasson Hagen (Nor), Burgaudeau (Fra)

Great Britain
Team Trinity Racing : Gloag (Gbr), Porter (Aus)

Israel
Israel-Premier Tech: Bevin (Nzl), Hagen (Nor), Neilands (Lat), Clarke (Aus), Houle (Can)

Kazakhstan
Astana Qazaqstan Team : Conti, Gazzoli (Ita)

Netherlands
Team DSM : Leknessund (Nor), Bol (Ned), Donovan (Gbr)

Norway
Team Coop : Stokbro (Den), Aalrust (Nor)
Uno X-Pro Cycling Team : T. Johannessen, Andersen (Nor)

Spain
Burgos-BH: Raïm (Est), Orts (Spa)
Euskaltel-Euskadi: Aristi, Maté (Spa)

USA
Human Powered Health : Aasvold, Jensen (Nor)

https://www.arctic-race-of-norway.com/en/

Wait Svalbard isn't happening?
It was never meant to be this year, but for the 10 years anniversary of Artic Race next year it might happen. In November last year the organizing committee of Artic Race was at Svalbard and had some sort of "town hall meeting" with the locals. I think it's doable, let's say it's 50/50 right now.

It was never meant to be this year, but for the 10 years anniversary of Artic Race next year it might happen. In November last year the organizing committee of Artic Race was at Svalbard and had some sort of "town hall meeting" with the locals. I think it's doable, let's say it's 50/50 right now.
This sounds like the yearly rumour of Canary Islands in the Vuelta. I assume that would be in Longyearbyen, right?

This sounds like the yearly rumour of Canary Islands in the Vuelta. I assume that would be in Longyearbyen, right?
I don’t think it’s the same way. There were serious talks about it around 2016 then it was not an option until last year when they started working last year to make it happen in 2023. I do think they are serious about it, but it might not be possible.

Yes the talk has been a TT.
I have never been up there but i guess some kind of criterium stage should be possible too?
Could bring back the old classic of stage 1a and stage 1b in the same day, which modern cycling seems to have abandoned?

The riders didn't care for that format. However, on such a special occasion maybe there could be an exemption.

TRENDING THREADS