• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Are RAAM riders tested?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 20, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
The SUVs favored by fat Americans tend to roll over in such situations.

I wish it weren't true, otherwise it would be funny. I had to pull off the road last week to avoid a head on collision with a fat cow in her SUV that was passing another SUV traveling the opposite direction on a two lane country road. It didn't occur to me that me and my bike going through her windshield might kill her. Damn.

It is for these reasons, among others, I would not do RAAM whether tested or not.

CPAvelo said:
I wish it weren't true, otherwise it would be funny. I had to pull off the road last week to avoid a head on collision with a fat cow in her SUV that was passing another SUV traveling the opposite direction on a two lane country road. It didn't occur to me that me and my bike going through her windshield might kill her. Damn.

If you were lucky, your corpse might have exacted one last bit of revenge.

1946_gallery.jpg