• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Are Tinkoff-Saxo Bank Tactically Inept?

They have some interesting tactics mostly. Can't pick one sample and come up with such conclusion.

I don't think their tactics were weird by the way. They tried long range as they should, but they failed. Contador not being with the main group today also had nothing to do with lack of good tactics.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Would have worked out if contador could have been first on the allos but he wasn't good enough for that. Sagan was waiting for him.

The majka thing is *** though

No they are the best team in the peloton tactically.
Crashing on a descent has nothing to do with tactics. To be honest I don't think Majka could've helped much, when Contador was chasing alone. Afterall, Pra Loup is a very short climb.
Didn't notice a similar thread for Movistar - how come that?

Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
No they are the best team in the peloton tactically.
Crashing on a descent has nothing to do with tactics. To be honest I don't think Majka could've helped much, when Contador was chasing alone. Afterall, Pra Loup is a very short climb.
Didn't notice a similar thread for Movistar - how come that?
Create one if you want. Majka could have helped.