• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Arm Chairs Critics - Just F OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
To all you arm chair critics who never got past the 13 cog give it a rest. I doubt any of you would understand the work, talent & committment it takes to get to the level to race in Europe. No amount of pharmaceuticals will ever replicate all of that and the suggestion that it would just goes to prove my point about how little alot you really know about the sport of cycling.

And who really cares what some Mennonite's got to say, or Tyler, or JV, or who ever else you lot want to nail. Wake up it happened. Move on. And next time you are watching your favourite code of football or tennis ask yourself how many of those guys would pass the tests that cyclists have to? As Cadel suggested there wouldn't be anyone left on the park!

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
fiftyfour eleven said:
To all you arm chair critics who never got past the 13 cog give it a rest. I doubt any of you would understand the work, talent & committment it takes to get to the level to race in Europe. No amount of pharmaceuticals will ever replicate all of that and the suggestion that it would just goes to prove my point about how little alot you really know about the sport of cycling.

And who really cares what some Mennonite's got to say, or Tyler, or JV, or who ever else you lot want to nail. Wake up it happened. Move on. And next time you are watching your favourite code of football or tennis ask yourself how many of those guys would pass the tests that cyclists have to? As Cadel suggested there wouldn't be anyone left on the park!
Someone's having a bad day.

goggalor said:
54x11? That can't be good for the Cadence.

Tom Steels used to sprint with a 52x12 throughout his entire pro career.

But yeah I'm sure this random troll knows "what it really takes to get to the level of European racing."

Even though he can't understand basic gearing for the racing cyclist LOL.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
We had a nice thread going at the Clinic for hours last night. Suddenly there are a bunch of new threads to distract people away from news articles, etc. It's the equivalent of trolling the whole forum instead of one thread. How does a thread that insults many forum members in the title even exist? It's definitely hostile. :mad:

Every person who attacks like this will make it that much sweeter when Armstrong is brought to justice, preferably in France. :cool:

I'm weary from updating my Ignore List. :rolleyes:

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
fiftyfour eleven said:

crying-baby-272x300.jpg

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
theswordsman said:
We had a nice thread going at the Clinic for hours last night. Suddenly there are a bunch of new threads to distract people away from news articles, etc. It's the equivalent of trolling the whole forum instead of one thread. How does a thread that insults many forum members in the title even exist? It's definitely hostile. :mad:

Every person who attacks like this will make it that much sweeter when Armstrong is brought to justice, preferably in France. :cool:

I'm weary from updating my Ignore List. :rolleyes:

Nice thread indeed all you guys have done and normally do is talk BS.

And to others, I've forgotten more about cycling and racing than you've yet learnt. Don't worry l wont be back life is too short to waste any further time on forums like this one. You all manage to display you ingnorance and IQ with every post or smart **** reply.

I wonder if given the chance to meet Lance would any of you would have the balls to say the things you say here? Yes just as I thought, you wouldn't!

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
fiftyfour eleven said:

And to others, I've forgotten more about cycling and racing than you've yet learnt. Don't worry l wont be back life is too short to waste any further time on forums like this one. You all manage to display you ingnorance and IQ with every post or smart **** reply.

I wonder if given the chance to meet Lance would any of you would have the balls to say the things you say here? Yes just as I thought, you wouldn't!

If you have to tell us you are drunk, you ain't. if you have to tell us you ride the big ring, you don't and if you have to tell us you are smart then......

mixing in the spell check now and again helps me btw. for what it is worth

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
fiftyfour eleven said:

I know what the 54 11 stands for.:)

You are 11 years old, and Lance races like a 54 year old.:eek:

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
fiftyfour eleven said:

If you disagree with what someone is writing the best thing is to present alternate evidence for your position.

Crying like a baby and calling everyone names makes you come across as ....a baby

May 20, 2010
Visit site
icebreaker said:
I've met him.

I've actually ridden with him.

I kept my opinions to myself as the guy that arranged it all and got me the chance to ride with him ( and Liggett too, oddly enough) is an old school days friend of my wife's.

I didn't want to P him off as that would have just got me in trouble with my wife.

I went for the ride, had lunch, talked, laughed in all the right places then came home.

I did not get in trouble with my wife.

Chicken **** appeaser. LOL. I would have done the same, as I expect would most of us.

A

Anonymous

fiftyfour eleven said:
To all you arm chair critics who never got past the 13 cog give it a rest.!

you are assuming that all here are armchair critics. Are you sure no current pro's or people involved with teams post here?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
If it was a meeting organised by a friend then yeah I would probably hold off on any comment but if I met Armstrong through other means he would definitely hear what I think :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS