• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong apologizes for being disrespectful - "that was not correct"

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 13, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Glad to make you laugh. That was my intention. :) (that is if you do realize the post was meant to be surrealistic in nature. If not, you are just a dumbass who cant read sarcasm when it is staring them in the face.)

Keep beating your chest bud, its quite manly of you.

A

Anonymous

frizzlefry said:
Keep beating your chest bud, its quite manly of you.

Keep pounding that tiny pud fanboy, it makes you just another tourist here....the best part is that you didn't catch the farcical nature of the Viking post. What a goober.

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
You and Lance Armstrong have never been around a pissed off Viking. Nice guys, but an Erik the Red type would split your skulls, couple with your wives, and leave your fields fallow......

See, my heroes are REAL bad asses.....

My Mom and Grandmother were genealogy addicts. As a result I have stacks of books on family history. One of the more interesting notes is fact that I'm direct decendant of "Rollo of Normandy" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollo Viking invader who set up shop in France after killing and pillaging. Then took the local Duke's daughter "Poppa" as his "wife."

A

Anonymous

byu123 said:
My Mom and Grandmother were genealogy addicts. As a result I have stacks of books on family history. One of the more interesting notes is fact that I'm direct decendant of "Rollo of Normandy" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollo Viking invader who set up shop in France after killing and pillaging. Then took the local Duke's daughter "Poppa" as his "wife."

Cool, most of my genealogy is from northern Europe with some of the Isles thrown for bad measure. Of course they too were on the barbarian gene train too, so I am built for cold weather....and I live in a place with 95+ temp AND humidity. Never have raced good in the summer. I live for those 60 degree rainy days. Love 'em.

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I wonder if maybe he felt something while Contador was pulling that gave him the idea that maybe his time is past?

I think he felt it when his tongue was dragging on the road during the Giro.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Being from Lance, there's a hidden agenda in there somewhere. Read of it what you will.

Diplomacy - maybe he is going for the Texas job after all :)

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
There is reason behind the apology; With Sastre out of the frame he's worried he might start working for Conatdor....... the comments were in a book it wasn’t some off handed comment to a newspaper. He meant what he said and still does. Sastre is a joke.
_____

Former Tour de France winner Pedro Delgado has criticised Astana for collaborating in the stage three echelon that saw Lance Armstrong gain 41 seconds on team-mate Alberto Contador.

"It’s one thing for Armstrong to be in the front group - that was where he should have been, and all credit to him,” Delgado said. "But at the same time, Astana working on the front like that risks dividing the squad, and for minimal gains."

"All Armstrong got was about 10 seconds more than he would have if he sat back and let Columbia-HTC do all the work. And nobody could have criticised him."

Although Contador has remained tight-lipped on the subject, Delgado believes the divisions in the Astana squad now have the potential to widen much further following the decision to collaborate with Columbia-HTC. "What can Armstrong say now if Contador attacks and drops him on the climb to Andorra? Nothing at all."

"And if Contador drops him on the Tourmalet, the gaps could be really big. Three or four minutes. In my opinion, strategicaly Armstrong’s taken a small advantage, but the team could pay a big price later."

Amongst the Spanish media, the Armstrong and Astana manoeuvre was not seen favourably either. "It’s war in Astana" was the headline on leading sports daily MARCA's website on Tuesday.

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
byu123 said:
Honestly, I think he knows he does not have the climbing form Contador has but has decided to go all out until Contador definitively stamps his dominance (assuming he does so). Until then the competitor in him is pulling out all of the stops but will do it in a way that doesn't undermine Contador at all. Once and if Contador shows the dominance (which I suspect he will) I believe he will concede with class and support Contador for the win (1st priority) and still strive for the podium (2nd priority). He just isn't going to roll over and play super domestique to Contador without Contador showing that "he is the man" and head and shoulders above him in GC ability. Contador's chance to do just that is looming.
Slightly off topic but this comes up frequently when comparing this Tour and the Hinault-Lemond La Vie Claire team politics in the '86 Tour. Hinault said he'd ride for Lemond, some said he road against Lemond but I think BYU's analogy is exactly how Hinault felt in that Tour. He wasn't going to hand Lemond the victory on a silver platter.

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:
There is reason behind the apology; With Sastre out of the frame he's worried he might start working for Conatdor....... the comments were in a book it wasn’t some off handed comment to a newspaper. He meant what he said and still does. Sastre is a joke.
_____

Former Tour de France winner Pedro Delgado has criticised Astana for collaborating in the stage three echelon that saw Lance Armstrong gain 41 seconds on team-mate Alberto Contador.

"It’s one thing for Armstrong to be in the front group - that was where he should have been, and all credit to him,” Delgado said. "But at the same time, Astana working on the front like that risks dividing the squad, and for minimal gains."

"All Armstrong got was about 10 seconds more than he would have if he sat back and let Columbia-HTC do all the work. And nobody could have criticised him."

Although Contador has remained tight-lipped on the subject, Delgado believes the divisions in the Astana squad now have the potential to widen much further following the decision to collaborate with Columbia-HTC. "What can Armstrong say now if Contador attacks and drops him on the climb to Andorra? Nothing at all."

"And if Contador drops him on the Tourmalet, the gaps could be really big. Three or four minutes. In my opinion, strategicaly Armstrong’s taken a small advantage, but the team could pay a big price later."

Amongst the Spanish media, the Armstrong and Astana manoeuvre was not seen favourably either. "It’s war in Astana" was the headline on leading sports daily MARCA's website on Tuesday.

Hope these aren't your opinions WBT after you call on the TTT which was so far of it was on another planet you don't have a lot of cred left.

whiteboytrash said:

I agree with Delgado. This is a good analysis of the situation.

May 15, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:

\.

Noone would be dropped on Tourmalet, not even Armstrong. This mountain is 70k from the finish.

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Delicato said:
Noone would be dropped on Tourmalet, not even Armstrong. This mountain is 70k from the finish.

Ok, English lesson. Not "would" but "will" be dropped. OK ? Loser.

Do you really think the entire peleton will make it over the Tourmalet together ? Are you spastic ?

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Delicato said:

Not even?? The guy spent seven years smashing the peleton on climbs and suddenly you think he is unable to climb?? Bizzarre

May 15, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:

Do you really think the entire peleton will make it over the Tourmalet together ? Are you spastic ?

The likes of Yauheni Hutarovich or Allan Perez, Skil-Shimano riders, etc. will surely be dropped. However, I don't care about them-noone does. The GT contenders will certainly stay together.

Moreover, 70% of the dropped riders will come back at the descent.

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:

WBT don't you ever get sick of making dumb statements? This is a bit like your "I know" fail on the TTT

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Bagster said:
Not even?? The guy spent seven years smashing the peleton on climbs and suddenly you think he is unable to climb?? Bizzarre

I typed "even" because many posters here (not necessarily Lance haters) tend to underestimate Lance's post-comeback climbing ability , not his fan personally, but I am too pretty sceptic about his chances. If I insulted you, my apologies.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Hey Delicato...bite it buddy! I care about the Skil-Shimano riders. Skil has been one of the better teams so far...or is your head so far up **** to notice. At least they are riding and fighting...unlike what? 18 other teams so far?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:

Do you think you should be giving English lessons when you cannot spell "peloton" correctly?;)

May 19, 2009
Visit site
byu123 said:
Honestly, I think he knows he does not have the climbing form Contador has but has decided to go all out until Contador definitively stamps his dominance (assuming he does so). Until then the competitor in him is pulling out all of the stops but will do it in a way that doesn't undermine Contador at all. Once and if Contador shows the dominance (which I suspect he will) I believe he will concede with class and support Contador for the win (1st priority) and still strive for the podium (2nd priority). He just isn't going to roll over and play super domestique to Contador without Contador showing that "he is the man" and head and shoulders above him in GC ability. Contador's chance to do just that is looming.

I couldn't have said it better myself. :cool:

TRENDING THREADS