• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong: Contador is "nervous"

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

ygames said:
Lmao, Look Pal, this is Cycling chat...

Not a pick up on g4y dudes blog...if you want phone numbers? lol
go hit the G4y Bar... :p

Now Shhhhhhhhh, be a good i'll b0y and Vanish...

Nah, I will hang around and admire you 'cause yur sooooooooooooo PRO........

"Tell you what, I will leave if you post a picture of yourself and you phone number so I can call you to discuss.....you have a deep manly voice or are you a bottom?"

If Contador is reading this stuff I'm not surprised he's nervous...

I keep trying to raise the tone in the hope all these folks will get bored and go somewhere else to slag eachother off - a bit like the current practice of blasting out loud classical music in crime hot spots to drive away the delinquents. So far it doesn't seem to be working but here's hoping.

Alpe d'Huez said:
How did this place turn so quickly into a troll infested spray fest?

Doping is part of the sport and always has been. Talking about it is not trolling. That does not mean that we cannot attempt to keep doping related stuff out of non-doping threads. It just takes a little maturity. It also does not mean we cannot discuss things that are unrelated to doping, or analyze results or predictions without going into the doping question.

Maybe we should stick something like "(non-D)" in the titles of threads that we don't want doping discussed. That way we could still have a unified forum, and it would not be like we are burying our heads in the sand with regard to a problem that has a huge effect on the sport.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Bartoli said:
Lol, don't need to be a pro to answer this: the answer to both question is yes. They have a tv in he car.

On topic: it's interesting to see another perspective on this Contador/ Armstrong thing, whether this guy is a pro or not...
But my question would be: why does Armstrong point out a "rookie-mistake" and not think about the media reaction and following pressure and negative media/ fan-talk on his team and relation with Contador? This is creatin a whole new media-hype that possibly affects his relations with his teammate and co-leader in the tdf...

Thank you for your answers.I almost suspected that the team had the needed equipment though but wanted to be sure.

The teams must have morning meetings with the riders to discuss the tactics for the coming stage right?
It shouldnt be to hard to calm a rider down if he is a bit to 'hot',and make him focusin on the tactics discussed earlier that day.

It must be better to deal with a situation when it occurs instead of usin the newspapers after the race when it helps noone.

schadenfreude said:
27.jpg
source.

Oh so that's where he got the idea for "The Look". Makes sense now.

I think this "relationship" will develop more clarity, next week, when they finally get into the same team at Castilla y Leon.
My guess is somewhere along the line, Bert will put the hammer down and Lance won't see him for dust.
Can't wait for that Twitter to start generating it's propoganda.

Of course, it's early days, in terms of Tour "preparation", so, other than making the statement, it will be pretty meaningless.

However, if it puts a dent is the "ego", the "comments" could end up as an in house squabble.

A

Anonymous

53x11 in DC said:
TFF: You do realize that your bike should come equipped with one of these, right?

http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?page=7&major=1&minor=18

Funny, in the mid 90's I worked in a bike shop, and there was some trade publication (did not go to consumers...too bad though because it was hilarious) that got sent out with a Cannondale ad one month that had a picture of some guy riding a dual suspension Mountain Bike, and the caption read "A Ride So Sweet, Sometimes I Take The Seat Off And Ride The Post Home" It only ran for one month, and we kept a copy for awhile. It got lost, but to this day, I wish I had a copy of that ad.

ygames

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Funny, in the mid 90's I worked in a bike shop, and there was some trade publication (did not go to consumers...too bad though because it was hilarious) that got sent out with a Cannondale ad one month that had a picture of some guy riding a dual suspension Mountain Bike, and the caption read "A Ride So Sweet, Sometimes I Take The Seat Off And Ride The Post Home" It only ran for one month, and we kept a copy for awhile. It got lost, but to this day, I wish I had a copy of that ad.

Lmao,,,, With that bike setup, being the sick puppy you are! You can't sniff the seat. So you can do the next best thing. Go lick the post.

A

Anonymous

ygames said:
Lmao,,,, With that bike setup, being the sick puppy you are! You can't sniff the seat. So you can do the next best thing. Go lick the post.
Dude, you're the one talking about licking posts, not me.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:

Classic......

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
I think this "relationship" will develop more clarity, next week, when they finally get into the same team at Castilla y Leon.
My guess is somewhere along the line, Bert will put the hammer down and Lance won't see him for dust.
Can't wait for that Twitter to start generating it's propoganda.

Of course, it's early days, in terms of Tour "preparation", so, other than making the statement, it will be pretty meaningless.

However, if it puts a dent is the "ego", the "comments" could end up as an in house squabble.

I wait for that hummer on lance, but i dont think "BERT" is going to figth for the race although he has won twice in the last two years. But not only will be a contender also Valverde, Sastre , Levi , Menchov. Nice Test for the TdF but to early for Ac to show his cards. Whatever this race we can se the big Astana team, and will reveals who is going to hep who.