• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong drops A.Schlek who is 15 min out the back WTF???

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
I thought he was supposed to be fat or something. How come he dropped baby Schlek who looked to be heaving and panting like a beat dog on that climb? Old fat guy out climbs baby Schlek???? Hmmm

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Been lurking on and off for last year.

BroDeal said:
Frist Robert the Muppet. Now BYU...

Lurking one and off for last year watch all the usual sniveling losers bleat about Armstrong being fat. Watching Schlek go out the back from the lead group containing Armstrong was just too precious a moment to let past. Besides . . . isn't the TDF coming up in a few months? Tis the season to begin posting on the threads here

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
This surprises a surprising amount of people, but most riders don't have this tour pegged as one of their season's main goals. It's not a small race, but it's really only huge to certain fans and some US based sponsors. So when those riders aren't having a great day in the saddle, which Andy certainly wasn't today, they find an echelon and come in when they come in. Don't let the ATOC results fool you - Levi won't be leading RS in July, and Andy won't be climbing hills with the sprinters.

Sigh - did I just reply to a troll?

pedaling squares said:
This surprises a surprising amount of people, but most riders don't have this tour pegged as one of their season's main goals. It's not a small race, but it's really only huge to certain fans and some US based sponsors. So when those riders aren't having a great day in the saddle, which Andy certainly wasn't today, they find an echelon and come in when they come in. Don't let the ATOC results fool you - Levi won't be leading RS in July, and Andy won't be climbing hills with the sprinters.

He is not a troll. He is the guy who last year, even though he is not a cyclist and has little knowledge of cycling or racing, would regurgitate the Armstrong talking points verbatim as he lectured us about how Armstrong could not possibly have doped. He tried to use an appeal to authority to butress his argument, pointing out that he was a big bad FBI agent who knew how to sort through the evidence. He disappeared as soon as it became apparent that Armstrong would not win the Tour. He is sort of the archetypal gullible Armstrong fan. He was fun to argue with.

I think it is pretty obvious that Andy was too distracted with the Podium Look girls to concentrate on racing.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
He is not a troll. He is the guy who last year, even though he is not a cyclist and has little knowledge of cycling or racing, would regurgitate the Armstrong talking points verbatim as he lectured us about how Armstrong could not possibly have doped. He tried to use an appeal to authority to butress his argument, pointing out that he was a big bad FBI agent who knew how to sort through the evidence. He disappeared as soon as it became apparent that Armstrong would not win the Tour. He is sort of the archetypal gullible Armstrong fan. He was fun to argue with.

Your right Bro. Forgot about that guy. There was a guy claiming to be an FBI agent bragging about his investigatory and analytical qualifications. He did mysteriously disappear last year as quickly as he sprung up with his colourful ideas.

On that note I must say they really are out in force this week. Troll city. Can't wait for July.:rolleyes:

I watched the whole stage today and Andy was simply not racing, just rolling in a draft. I have to assume he is way off form coming back from that knee injury. Regardless it does not bode well for his Tour prep that he was apparently feeling so bad that he couldn't even hammer out a 20 minute climb for some good training. He needs to be faster than last year to challenge Contador of course. He better be racing the Dauphine.

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Schleck must have a good excuse, he couldn't have been trying at all, if he's gonna be up there in the front for TdF in 40 some days.. I shouted at him 500m from the finish and he looked at me, it was pretty sweet for a Schleck fan boy like myself.

santacruz said:
Schleck must have a good excuse, he couldn't have been trying at all, if he's gonna be up there in the front for TdF in 40 some days.. I shouted at him 500m from the finish and he looked at me, it was pretty sweet for a Schleck fan boy like myself.

You don't need to tell us that you're a fanboy, it's obvious.

Tugboat said:
Meh... it's only the Tour of California. It's not like it's important.

Very true. He's probably only there to promote Specialized and gauge where his recovery is at the same time.

I'm sure that Bjarne Riis and Andy Schleck will have a good idea of what needs to be done to get in shape for the TdF. Riis has been a DS long enough to know if Andy is ok. I'm sure that the press will be bugging them to let us know whats happening soon enough so we'll find out then.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
When was the last time Andy performed at peak for more than 1 week of classics and a 3 week GT?

Never. If there's a type of rider I can't stand, it's the guy who only cares about 1 or 2 races a season. And he is that type of rider.

pedaling squares said:

Yes. Yes you did.

issoisso said:
Never. If there's a type of rider I can't stand, it's the guy who only cares about 1 or 2 races a season. And he is that type of rider.

Yes. Yes you did.

Me too.

I actually had a look through his history, and he has a ridiculous amount of finishes 20th-100th where it's clear he doesn't care about the race. He only cares about competing in the hilly classics and one GT each year.

So I guess the "second biggest race in the world" just isn't quite big enough to warrant his genuine participation.

Galic Ho said:
Your right Bro. Forgot about that guy. There was a guy claiming to be an FBI agent bragging about his investigatory and analytical qualifications. He did mysteriously disappear last year as quickly as he sprung up with his colourful ideas.

Robert Bobby Merivel ex college football player and FBI agent on vacation !??

Oh no, not him again... :eek:

42x16ss said:
Very true. He's probably only there to promote Specialized and gauge where his recovery is at the same time.

I'm sure that Bjarne Riis and Andy Schleck will have a good idea of what needs to be done to get in shape for the TdF. Riis has been a DS long enough to know if Andy is ok. I'm sure that the press will be bugging them to let us know whats happening soon enough so we'll find out then.

this...

erm.. +1

TRENDING THREADS