• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong getting trolled via email

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
sars1981 said:
I know, right. Lance played it pretty well, I give him credit.

Funny, I've long considered that a prime example of why people think Armstrong is a ***. He messed up and released his private email and got some rude messages in return. Well suck it up and welcome to the life of a famous public figure. Did he take the high road? No, he released the guy's name and email address and practically invited his legions of fans to spam the guy with reply hate. Is this the kind of guy you want to elect to public office? I'd rather have someone with dignity, class, and maturity represent me.

pedaling squares said:
Funny, I've long considered that a prime example of why people think Armstrong is a ***. He messed up and released his private email and got some rude messages in return. Well suck it up and welcome to the life of a famous public figure. Did he take the high road? No, he released the guy's name and email address and practically invited his legions of fans to spam the guy with reply hate. Is this the kind of guy you want to elect to public office? I'd rather have someone with dignity, class, and maturity represent me.

I give him credit for it, but there's nothing in that video which would suggest Lance is doing damage to his image. All of it still makes him look like our Saint Lance.

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
This was discussed about seven months ago, after it happened. Why is it being brought up again now?

I was not around at that time and was therefore not aware of the previous instance. It's a human mistake, anyone could make it.

A

Anonymous

sars1981 said:
I was not around at that time and was therefore not aware of the previous instance. It's a human mistake, anyone could make it.

i missed it at the time as well...

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
It cracks me up everytime I see it. The guy gets so few outlets to answer that sort of criticism. He definitely seemed gleeful to finally be able to do something. Definitely comes across like a ***, but I am a *** myself. I don't care.

If I remember rightly, this screw up took pace around the time that a member here got right under Armstrong's skin.
A major cycling mag asked it's forum members for questions to put to His Twitterness, for publication in that month's edition.
The member in question upset "he who must be obeyed", by pinning him down over his Catlin cop out.

Led to smarmy Pharmy calling forums "toxic places" in a frenzy of twittering.
At some point, his e-mail address got dropped into the mix........

Rex Hunter

BANNED
Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Led to smarmy Pharmy calling forums "toxic places" in a frenzy of twittering.

I don't know why he got that idea from. ;)

Anyhow, it's a shame this livestrong youtube channel is now only full of those crappy health tip videos. I had to unsub from it. It would have been good if LA could have done regular video updates through the year. Guess he found twitter more to his liking.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
Rex Hunter said:
I don't know why he got that idea from. ;)

Anyhow, it's a shame this livestrong youtube channel is now only full of those crappy health tip videos. I had to unsub from it. It would have been good if LA could have done regular video updates through the year. Guess he found twitter more to his liking.

I thought the point of Livestrong was to promote health, not Lance?

Rex Hunter

BANNED
Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Kennf1 said:
I thought the point of Livestrong was to promote health, not Lance?

But I'm not interested in health tips for unfit middle aged people. I just want to see what Armstrong is up to with his training and his take things. More vids like the one above would go down a storm.

He should have a site and youtube page that is just all about him. That's what the kids want.

Rex Hunter said:
But I'm not interested in health tips for unfit middle aged people. I just want to see what Armstrong is up to with his training and his take things. More vids like the one above would go down a storm.

He should have a site and youtube page that is just all about him. That's what the kids want.

You'll just have to get your p0rn somewhere else.

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Always a funny video. That andrewdhogg@hotmail.com is the poster boy for the Haters. It's rather humorous. He probably won the award for sending Lance the most emails.

Cycling has always attracted a strange crowd, but the haters in cycling took "hating" to the next level. It's amusing and sad at the same time. But it must be connected to how any regular joe can go out and buy a pretty bike and jersey and attempt to "look pro" on the road.

Then they get mad because they realize nobody (except their gay cycling buddies who are equally as screwed up) gives a sh*t that they rode 60 miles. And they also get mad because they'll never win a real race (because everybody else dopes, right?).

They should start a charity to help the Haters. Maybe we could build a website and make little fake trophies for them and maybe they'll feel special enough to stop whining about the real pros.

fpcyclingn said:
Always a funny video. That andrewdhogg@hotmail.com is the poster boy for the Haters. It's rather humorous. He probably won the award for sending Lance the most emails.

Cycling has always attracted a strange crowd, but the haters in cycling took "hating" to the next level. It's amusing and sad at the same time. But it must be connected to how any regular joe can go out and buy a pretty bike and jersey and attempt to "look pro" on the road.

Then they get mad because they realize nobody (except their gay cycling buddies who are equally as screwed up) gives a sh*t that they rode 60 miles. And they also get mad because they'll never win a real race (because everybody else dopes, right?).

They should start a charity to help the Haters. Maybe we could build a website and make little fake trophies for them and maybe they'll feel special enough to stop whining about the real pros.

Hmm,

I've always had the impression that 'Haters' on this forum were coined as such due to their pointed dislike of (almost always) pharmstrong, often stemming from pharmstrong's own behaviours and antics, and exacerbated others who come up with rather silly excuses and blinders as 'counter-arguments'. If you counter said argument with more facts, and call someone on being blinded by any bias, you get dubbed hater (BTW - what a stupid generalization that makes people into a group and therefore easier to insult and not deal with directly).

I wouldn't consider myself a Lance hater, simply someone who dislikes those who are ignorant to the obvious and fail to justify their stance. Naiveity is an excuse, but being stubborn isn't.

Sure there are others I prefer to win ahead of him, but it's not going to upset me if he does win. The only thing that annoys me about him is the fact that he attracts too much attention (and yes he has contributed to this).