• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong: I wish I was younger, faster

May 7, 2009
Visit site
this sounded like so much whining.

Also, the talk of beer and the beach: didn't we hear that last time?

As far as a quiet personal life, does he really even deserve that now? How about a publicly witnessed collapse of his image through the current investigation.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I wish Armstrong had stayed retired.

I wish people would stop creating a new thread everytime he opens his mouth.

And I wish BPC would find love and stay away from the forum

see none of us can have everything that we want.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I disliked Armstrong ever since i first heard of him, and especially after he started winning tdf after tdf. Reasons are same as everyone's. Dope, character, etc... I cheered for every single one of his rivals from Zulle, through Jan, Beloki and Basso, all the way to Contador. Most of these guys arent really "likable" in my book, but i cheered for them because i disliked them less than i disliked Armstrong. Actually you can say he is my all-time least favorite rider.

But man, the amount of idiotic anti-Armstrong topics and posts in this forum is seriously getting out of hand during this TdF. What did he say in this interview that is wrong? Actually, i saw some things i actually liked, maybe for the first time that i liked something he said. No narcissism, no disrespect for other riders' achievments, no lame excuses, nothing that was before characteristic for his interviews.

Seriously, what the **** was wrong with this interview?

May 25, 2009
Visit site
nesocip said:
What did he say in this interview that is wrong? Actually, i saw some things i actually liked, maybe for the first time that i liked something he said. No narcissism, no disrespect for other riders' achievments, no lame excuses, nothing that was before characteristic for his interviews.

Totally agree. I think he has shown more humility and good humour, in losing than he ever did in winning.

May 5, 2009
Visit site
nesocip said:
Actually you can say he is my all-time least favorite rider.

But man, the amount of idiotic anti-Armstrong topics and posts in this forum is seriously getting out of hand during this TdF. What did he say in this interview that is wrong?

yeah, couldn't agree more with you (on all quoted)

nesocip said:
I disliked Armstrong ever since i first heard of him, and especially after he started winning tdf after tdf. Reasons are same as everyone's. Dope, character, etc... I cheered for every single one of his rivals from Zulle, through Jan, Beloki and Basso, all the way to Contador. Most of these guys arent really "likable" in my book, but i cheered for them because i disliked them less than i disliked Armstrong. Actually you can say he is my all-time least favorite rider.

But man, the amount of idiotic anti-Armstrong topics and posts in this forum is seriously getting out of hand during this TdF. What did he say in this interview that is wrong? Actually, i saw some things i actually liked, maybe for the first time that i liked something he said. No narcissism, no disrespect for other riders' achievments, no lame excuses, nothing that was before characteristic for his interviews.

How ironic. many people (its narrow minded i know) support winners when they win and then ignore them when they lose. You hated the guy when he was winning and yet your hatred for the guy lessens just as he begins to lose.

Kind of like me. I tend to support the guys who havent won rather than those who know what victory tastes like.

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I wish I was younger and faster and not as fat but what the hell, S**t happens. :D

Considering his considerable ego (most bike racers have oversize egos BTW) I think LA has responded to his fortunes this tour with a remarkable amount of humility and humor. Obviously, he isn't anywhere near a threat in the GC, but IMO he has nothing to be ashamed of either.

Personally, I think he should have stayed retired, he had a lot to loose and little to gain by coming out but as already mentioned, when someone is used to being a champion and thrives on competition, they can't just sit around when they think they might still have a chance to compete at the highest level. Look at Schumacher in F1 - LA isn't the first and certainly won't be the last over the hill champion to try a comeback past their prime only to find they are - well - past their prime.

9000ft said:
I wish I was younger and faster and not as fat but what the hell, S**t happens. :D

Considering his considerable ego (most bike racers have oversize egos BTW) I think LA has responded to his fortunes this tour with a remarkable amount of humility and humor. Obviously, he isn't anywhere near a threat in the GC, but IMO he has nothing to be ashamed of either.

Personally, I think he should have stayed retired, he had a lot to loose and little to gain by coming out but as already mentioned, when someone is used to being a champion and thrives on competition, they can't just sit around when they think they might still have a chance to compete at the highest level. Look at Schumacher in F1 - LA isn't the first and certainly won't be the last over the hill champion to try a comeback past their prime only to find they are - well - past their prime.

well you never know if you are past your prime,brett favre is coming back for like 5 years lmao...and hes doing good job...i dont know why some ppl dont like comebacks,i say if the guy wants to play/do sport let him do it sooner or later he ll realize he doesnt have it anymore

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Skee-Lo said it better:
I wish I was little bit taller, I wish I was a baller, I wish I had a girl who looked good I would call her, I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a six four Impala

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Well Lance... finish cette Grande Boucle and never comeback... go to your country and face the justice cuz you know what you did... good luck and BB...

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
nesocip said:

Maybe you'll visit him in prison?

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Deagol said:
this sounded like so much whining.

Also, the talk of beer and the beach: didn't we hear that last time?

As far as a quiet personal life, does he really even deserve that now? How about a publicly witnessed collapse of his image through the current investigation.

And I hope you lose your job and go bankrupt, lose you house and have to live in the gutter.

See being bitter leads to hate (which you're full of).

Who cares about his personal life. The guy is a million times the person any message board troll will ever be.

TRENDING THREADS