• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong looking to get out of jail free?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
Cimacoppi49 said:
What to do if you're an AUSA is the big question. I would arraign him before he leaves the US--he's in Hawaii now. They will ask that he surrender his passport. But, the judge will have to decide if he is a flight risk. Even so, he might be required to put up an amazingly high bail if he is allowed to leave the country. As a Judge, the problem I'd have is that as a frequent flyer on a private jet, it's too easy for him to head for a country with no extradition treaty a la Robert Vesco.

I would have to think a judge would consider him a zero flight risk. Lance on the lamb?

The only flight risk posed by LA is to the flight attendants after he's had a few drinks.

Journalism 101

(1) Journalists don't like to be sued. Their bosses don't like spending money defending lawsuits that cost a pile even if they win. If you challenge lance without evidence, you run the risk of getting your bum handed to you. There is no percentage in taking such a risk when THERE IS NO NEW NEWS TO REPORT.

(2) Sportswriting is ALL about cliche. The hero overcoming adversity is a seductive story that sells. A journalist would be a fool to ignore that story.

(3) Another cliche, maybe the greatest, is the hero's fall from grace. Look at Mark McGuire and Georgie Best. Their descents were covered in excruciatingly redundant detail. IF EVIDENCE DEVELOPS, then you can bet that the journos will swarm the story with all the cliche-generating skills that they can muster.

(4) Most journalists lack autonomy. They don't get to write what they want. They're slaves of their editors, who are in turn slaves of their capitalist owners. Don't blame them for trying to keep their sweet sportswriting job.

(5) Stop thinking that sportswriting is news. It's promotion. Heck, the Tour itself started out as a newspaper promotion.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
MarkvW said:
Lance on the lamb?
That sounds just too kinky for me.

It's possible he likes the TDU because he can make a quick side trip to
visit some New Zealand lamb

Maybe GW can post a photo of Lance in a pair of wellies
"The Lance nobody knows..."

Come to think of it i remember seeing the Olson twins wearing those sheepskin Ugg boots ALOT!

Lance has a problem, was his father a sheepherder by chance?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
MarkvW said:
Lance on the lamb?
That sounds just too kinky for me.

Ok, How about Andy?

2priech.jpg

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Anyone tweeted to Rupert about these "cancer-research initiatives" ?

I've tweeted to him about his bs myth about armstrong being most tested. i am now being called a armstrong hater!:):):) I'd rather think of myself as a realist.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Night Rider said:
It's TDU time so all the paid happy clappers are out in force preaching the gospel.

Don't in anyway take those sort of articles as the general feeling about Armstrong within the cycling community here. That article is just insipid garbage.

Not where I live.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
10 years?
10 years might be the life span of an average pro.
Average pro's are tested an average amount.

Lance is not average lol.
Lance is going on almost 20 years as a pro.
Tested as an amateur also.

Blood, pee, and hair at one sitting = 3 tests.
A plus B samples equals six tests and one shower for one sitting.

300 days racing in Grand Tours.
Hundreds and hundrerds of other race days.
Out of competition testing focus.
US testers. Euro testers. AFLD testers. Obsessed testers.
test test test test

With all that testing I am suprised there were no FALSE positives....
Oh wait, there were 6 in 1999 bwahaha.

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Guinness on Twitter: @festinagirl Hi again ... I forgot to say, ive just asked them to refine the use of words re "thousands" - so tks for raising i

The latest, "thousands of tests" mantra is laying the groundwork for Pat to supply a 12 year, back dated TUE for necessary, regular blood transfusions., owing to severe blood loss.:)

It's a wonder the fanboys haven't been buying up Lance's old urine by the gallon, on e Bay.

Taking the piss about taking the piss.

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Kennf1 said:
I would have to think a judge would consider him a zero flight risk. Lance on the lamb?

The only flight risk posed by LA is to the flight attendants after he's had a few drinks.

Federal judges routinely pull the passports of wealthy defendants regardless of their ties to the community. Money translates into means of flight and sustainability on the lam as in residence in a country without an extradition treaty.