• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong resurrects journo troll list ! Papers black banned - 1999 all over again

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
You guys do realize that the Universal Sports feed is an international one that they have no control over?

The british guy who announces it is always apologizing for the Lance shots, and makes it clear it's not their choice.

They show him because he's LA. Back from the dead....back from retirement... back from hell .... whatever:rolleyes: . The Italians have never had him for their Tour.... so let them cover him 'till they puke this year.... then next year it will more "normal".... maybe:eek:

May 31, 2009
Visit site
L.A.'s been mum w/the press

let's see, hasn't he had to spend the last 3 weeks on the phone and e-mail putting together the spnsors/funding for a new team AND race ? yeah, he can have a brash way sometimes, but think of all the flame bait he's avoiding about: the new $$$, the team, his form, if Contador will have a place on the new team, the hct. levels he posted/changed, etc........ i think he's smart to avoid the press and stay busy takin' care of biz........while still racing.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
now this really is taking the P*ss

16:33 CEST
What is Armstrong riding today? He is of course on his TT Bike-

16:34 CEST
No stage win for Armstrong today! He was way down at the first time check.

16:35 CEST
Armstrong crossed the first time check at 3.3km 22 seconds down and in 65th place.

16:36 CEST
Armstrong now heads towards Vatican City as he powers along the cobblestones in the sunshine.

ukpaul said:
now this really is taking the P*ss

16:33 CEST
What is Armstrong riding today? He is of course on his TT Bike-

16:34 CEST
No stage win for Armstrong today! He was way down at the first time check.

16:35 CEST
Armstrong crossed the first time check at 3.3km 22 seconds down and in 65th place.

16:36 CEST
Armstrong now heads towards Vatican City as he powers along the cobblestones in the sunshine.

Jeebus, that is ridiculous. It is every freakin' minute for someone who lost his nerve and glass cranked the whole course.

lostintime said:
You guys do realize that the Universal Sports feed is an international one that they have no control over?:

Yes, that's why I said "world" press. This would include the Italian feed of the event.

Let's put it this way: David Arroyo finished almost 3 minutes ahead of Lance on GC. Got into more breaks than Lance. I've seen him around the last few years, I believe he won a mountain stage in the Vuelta last year and I remember him in the 2006 Tour working with Periero, but I don't know much about him. Why doesn't he get profiled more? Why aren't people wondering why he isn't talking to the press?

Heck, I know even less about Tadej Valjavec, and he got 9th, and has been around longer.

We could even see/hear more about Popovych who, despite completely bonking on that great Stage 16 break, almost finished head of Lance overall on GC anyway. I'd even say in retrospect he rode the most interesting Giro of all the riders on Astana, even though L&L finished ahead of him. And he seems like a really nice guy too.

TRENDING THREADS