• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong's next career move?

Based on the recent photos, I'm guessing Lance is going to challenge this guy.

kobayashi01.jpg

May 14, 2009
Visit site
BikeCentric said:
Or maybe open a bakery with Jan Ulrich.

Jan and Lance's Big Country Bakehouse

Customer of the Month January
Allan Davis
Customer of the month February
Allan Davis
Customer of the Month March
Oscar Perrerio

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
BikeCentric said:
Or maybe open a bakery with Jan Ulrich.
I would sooooooooooo go to that bakery,
Schwarzwaldkuchen + apple pie. Though I would change the name from "Jan and Lance's" to "Jance's". Any other suggestions?
BTW, Costumer of the month April:
Salvatore Comesso?

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Fourier said:
BTW, Costumer of the month April:
Salvatore Comesso?

Only if the bread was thinly wrapped around a full leg of pork!

Who would be on the board of shame? Banned?

- The Chicken probably, just because he never goes!

battery89 said:
President Armstrong

I think that this is a very serious possibility. If not all the way, then definitely something. A man that generates that much hot air can't just retire to a ranch and do charity work.

Look at this guy:

- He's Texan, a sportsperson, conventionally handsome and ubiquitous
- He's got the sort of backstory that appeals to a lot of folks
- He's very media-savvy, and most important of all ...
- He has a big old cupboard full of sketchy skeletons.

L'arriviste said:
I think that this is a very serious possibility. If not all the way, then definitely something. A man that generates that much hot air can't just retire to a ranch and do charity work.

Look at this guy:

He does not believe in god, which means he cannot run as a Republican.
He has no education, which means he cannot run as a Democrat.
The last president with substandard intelligence, also from Texas, is viewed as the worst president since Buchanan.

A

Anonymous

L'arriviste said:

Look at this guy:

Yep, agreed. Even his twittering was obviously PR with a view to a future political career, saying all "the right things", which is why I stopped bothering with them (he's veeeeeerrrry dull when not insulting Contador or Vaughters!).

And a political career will go one of two ways, either:

1. He's a great success, which and will build the most successful, extraordinary career on the back of a massive lie; or

2. When he starts playing with the big boys, they will uncover so much filth that the whole myth will come crumbling down around him and he will have to live in hiding from the millions of cancer survivors/relatives that he has hoodwinked.

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
He does not believe in god, which means he cannot run as a Republican.
He has no education, which means he cannot run as a Democrat.
The last president with substandard intelligence, also from Texas, is viewed as the worst president since Buchanan.

What are the chances of him having an epiphany in a couple of years? ;)

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Hibbles said:
2. When he starts playing with the big boys, they will uncover so much filth that the whole myth will come crumbling down around him and he will have to live in hiding from the millions of cancer survivors/relatives that he has hoodwinked.

THIS will happen. And I am vindictive enough that I will enjoy watching it happen

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I don't think I've ever seen such a negatively speculative thread. Anyway, a real answer without an unnecessary BS....he'll probably continue to manage or have some vested interest in a team, most likely the Trek Livestrong Team. I see him more as someone wanting to be involved with U23 riders rather than owning or managing a ProTour Team. He'll also continue to promote the LAF by making appearances and giving speeches as part of global cancer campaign.

Running for office? I hope not; he'll make a horrible elected official. He'll focus entirely on cancer legislation while overlooking all other aspects of governing.

A

Anonymous

Race Radio said:
I am not sure but I do know it will include many women who look like his mother

...and a string of children with an absentee father....

TRENDING THREADS