• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong's numbers

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
ChrisE said:
For the record, like I stated to digger I never stated nor was the subject ever brought up about the conflict of interest issue. The subject shytstorm was the size of the donation....you guys win via powerpoint over SCA deposition under oath, I admit this just so we can move on.

Again, it is a conflict of interest and he shouldn't have done it. I doubt it was for altruistic reasons. How many other pro cyclists have done such a thing? It's asinine on it's face, and only a dumba$$ would believe he did it "out of the good of his heart". I agree the UCI is as much if not moreso at fault than LA.

Y'all seem to equate my rant about the amount of grief this guy gets with me being some LA fanboy that sees him doing no wrong, like BPD or UBPC or whatever the buttsniffer username of the day is. That's an assumption far off the mark.

Nice try, though....I realize the first course of action when a group is threatened by somebody not in lockstep is to circle the wagons and define us vs them with a broad brush. You guys cannot help it due to human nature and that is understood.

Scott - it's not nice to take something out of context and apply it to all circumstances. You can do better than that.

Digger - I said I would try to curb the insults upthread, and it would be alot easier in my recovery if y'all would do the same and stop bringing up the past. Thanks.

It was your previous post, not exactly a week ago.

When we tell the truth, you define that as 'hate'. Could it simply be truth?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
ChrisE said:
Yeah, and not only did I catch some real fish, but I seem to have snagged a bunch of mullets in this forum while I was gone.

UCI Donation - Here's some hair splitting, mellow yellow, once again. In SCA sworn deposition LA states it was $25k. This is stated by Mrs. Anti-LA herself, Betsy.

You and your wad of mental midgets proceed to scour the internet and link to whatever trash you can find to prove otherwise. I stated upthread I know where the $500k talk came from, but I cite sworn testimony.

Considering LA lied through much of that sworn testimony, as well as had plenty of motivation to lie, I will choose to believe the UCI board member. Perhaps you could find us a copy of the transcripts to back up your claim? I seem to remember that his answer was more along the lines of "I do not recall" then admitting to an actual number. You do not seem to have a problem with Armstrong's doping, cheating, and lying.....why would you have a problem with him using any means possible to cover up?

As for the Cofidis issue, Galic gave a good review of what happened. Unlike what Armstrong claimed he was payed a good amount of $$$ and was in a very comfortable financial position in 1998.

I have see you on other forums construct your views in a fairly reasonable manner and not have to resort to insults. Please follow the same pattern here.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
RR, most of my stuff got deleted, even where I toned it down and I thought I addressed most of the "questions" involved. "Questions" being not reading my posts closely and hurling insults.

I'm not willing to rehash this subject. That means y'all win. Congrats. :D

BTW, I'm trying to learn here but 180mm crank (yikes!) must be a mod. True?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Susan Westemeyer said:
Yes, he is, and thank you for following our rules of conduct.

Susan

uhhhhhh ahhhhh uhhhhh shout out to ya "tick".

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
BikeCentric said:
Eulogy on the BPC saga: thanks to the mods for banning that guy again and cleaning up after him. This was the first time I have ever called for anyone to be banned. But one cannot have a discussion with a fanatic that ignores reality and that was what BPC was.

he was a great source of entertainment:D

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
he was a great source of entertainment:D

Exactly, the list could have been titled "Men who needed the services of a gynecologist."

A

Anonymous

SpeedWay said:
More of a threat to the sanity of some unstable individuals and the little fantasy world they live in.

I am glad you are starting to assess your own life and come to terms with your problem. Bravo!

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I am glad you are starting to assess your own life and come to terms with your problem. Bravo!

Do you ever have anything constructive to say? Or, do you just fling feces out all sides of your cage?

No offense, just curious. Thanks.

SpeedWay said:
More of a threat to the sanity of some unstable individuals and the little fantasy world they live in.

So you are saying that the majority of the forum as well as the moderators are "unstable" and "live in a fantasy world." I suppose it could be everyone else that is nuts while you are the lone sane person but I would suggest going with the simpler and statistically more likely solution and that is that you are the crazy delusional one and the majority of us are the sane ones. Sucks to be you buddy.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I had forgotten this thread - there was a discussion on Dr. Ferrari and a comment was made that Dr. Ferrari was a good coach.

I think we can all agree that Ferrari is very good hematologist with an understanding of basic physiology. Which makes him the best doping Doctor in the world.

A

Anonymous

Hey Susan check this out!
I found this while doing a search.

LInk removed by mod

could it be?

Susan Westemeyer said:
I am not interested in the "true identities" of people who write here, nor should anyone here take it upon themselves to publicize the real name of those who prefer to use a psuedonym.

Susan

+1. Good policy. In the real world people have been hurt by "unstable" people that publish the real identities of individuals who prefer to remain anonymous for obvious reasons. Glad to see you protect the weak from the warped.

Sep 5, 2009
Visit site
Riley Martin, the link you posted that was then removed was about a person who coached me when I first started bike racing in the early 80's. He was a very helpful and kind person and unless he has had a brain transplant, it can not be the same person as implied.

That is the one and only off topic post I intend to make.

Let's get back to discussing LA. Can it be true that his removal of half of his blood values (the "sticky" values) is just going to go largely unnoticed and uncommented upon by the general cycling public?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Ex-trackie said:
Riley Martin, the link you posted that was then removed was about a person who coached me when I first started bike racing in the early 80's. He was a very helpful and kind person and unless he has had a brain transplant, it can not be the same person as implied.

That is the one and only off topic post I intend to make.

Let's get back to discussing LA. Can it be true that his removal of half of his blood values (the "sticky" values) is just going to go largely unnoticed and uncommented upon by the general cycling public?

I think the link was not for a person on this forum, but another forum.